The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just killed my car :(

supra steveo

holy crap !..hope your ok , and to think I saw you pass me about a week ago in Forest hall thinking to myself lovely supe !....i can totally sympathise here Steve , I use the A1 past Gateshead a lot and know where you mean , ...I done my aerotop in a similar fashion about couple months ago not far from there , back end slipped out going round a sharp bend , wet roads just after all day rain , I maintain it was because I hugged the kerb too close and the rear tyre slipped on a drain wasnt even speeding ! tried to correct it , but over steered ....when it takes you by supprise like that with the shock of the moment its not as easy as people might think to recover without any damage ....am so sorry to hear , yours was the way i was aiming to get my aerotop...bomex kit ect , trd vented style bonnet ......

try and salvage all you can though mate , silly things like ashtray , ....wish I had , as had to buy another when i got another supe that didnt have one ...cause once the insurance company take it thats it !....

Beware everyone else !! These slip/spin outs can happen very easily being rear wheel drive , the supra I have now has a larger Spoiler and think it does actually help keep the back end down ...so let Steve's , mine and others am sure , be a warning to everyone else ......and no Jane before you say , it aint because I passed my test 2nd time ! ...lol:):tongue:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Words of warning to everyone else. Sorry to hear of your misfortune, let's hope you get another one soon!

yup big word of warning i always thought it would never happen to me

Bad news mate, I liked the look of your car too.

you will see it again hopefully with a TT engine in it next time (but not crashed lol)

Mate you have no luck do you :( glad your ok though, that's the main thing.

yeah think i need to go put the lottery on something good has to happen soon

try and salvage all you can though mate , silly things like ashtray , ....wish I had , as had to buy another when i got another supe that didnt have one ...cause once the insurance company take it thats it !....

lol i got my stereo, sub and amp and blue LED heater controls :D oh yeah and my el-glo dials :D

Sorry to hear of yet another Supe damaged but pleased you're ok Steve.

So was it the turn off from the A1 onto the A184 (heading towards the Pitz football place)?

??

it was the turn off just before dunston where the karting place is i came to rest under the railway bridge

Unlucky mate. Here's hoping you get a better car (if possible to you!) out of it. :)

cheers mate i want a GZ aerotop now :D

I only just met you and the car a couple of days before this.. genuinely gutted for you m8 :( I wrote off my pride and joy (not a Supra.. :)) when I was 19 and I could've cried, literally. It's silly to get so attached to a non-humanoid object but heyho, we do.

Hope you're back in another ASAP!