The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Be carefull what you say on facebook

bigcol

Guest Budz86

Got this through the work e-mail today, thought it perfectly demonstrated how people just add others without thinking! And how they put too much info on facebook

Evidence or explanation please??;)

I could get that later... would require searching through a lesser forum than this one though :)

One hint is that a boss cannot fire someone over facebook - and if you look at what he says it's not very professional either. Yes, it's facebook, but then he has no grounds to fire her for saying things like that if he then does the same.

I'll get the proper evidence etc later if I am not working :)

One hint is that a boss cannot fire someone over facebook - and if you look at what he says it's not very professional either. Yes, it's facebook, but then he has no grounds to fire her for saying things like that if he then does the same.

Don't disagree with you about it being fake but I disagree with the above. It would be grounds to get me sacked and the boss doesn't need to haul you into his office to sack you... its called summary dismissal.

Edit: If it is in America I suspect the employer can do what he fancies as the laws are relaxed over there.

Don't disagree with you about it being fake but I disagree with the above. It would be grounds to get me sacked and the boss doesn't need to haul you into his office to sack you... its called summary dismissal.

:yeahthat:

Remember forum posts have been used against speeding drivers in court (apparently).

:yeahthat:

Remember forum posts have been used against speeding drivers in court (apparently).

Its all evidence in the public domain so I couldn't see why not. I know Police have prosecuted people using utube posts too. This is all criminal law which is not employment law though.

edit: Must be UK as it refers to the P45.

... but I disagree with the above. It would be grounds to get me sacked and the boss doesn't need to haul you into his office to sack you... its called summary dismissal.

Fair enough :)

I don't use facebook and am not entirely clued up on how many ways there are to be fired.

I don't find what the boss says to be very professional at all though, but it's fake anyway :)

Its all evidence in the public domain so I couldn't see why not. I know Police have prosecuted people using utube posts too. This is all criminal law which is not employment law though.

edit: Must be UK as it refers to the P45.

My facebook profile says I'm interested in dating men, political views: Fascist (no comment :D ) and my religious views are Solipsistic pantheism! I find it hard to believe they can use things written on myface and forums as true evidence, I've written some shite on here in the past which is complete crap - just for a laugh (in fact most of what I write on here is complete crap!).

My facebook profile says I'm interested in dating men, political views: Fascist (no comment :D ) and my religious views are Solipsistic pantheism! I find it hard to believe they can use things written on myface and forums as true evidence, I've written some shite on here in the past which is complete crap - just for a laugh (in fact most of what I write on here is complete shite!).

It happened in the case that was on pistonheads about the guy that injured a motorcyclist and was sent to prison - I'm sorry, I know that's vague. His past forum activity was called as evidence at the trial, showing off in his car, speeding etc.

It happened in the case that was on pistonheads about the guy that injured a motorcyclist and was sent to prison - I'm sorry, I know that's vague. His past forum activity was called as evidence at the trial, showing off in his car, speeding etc.

Yeah I remember reading it and thinking at the time that it's not exactly fair, everyone's got a bit of keyboard warrior in them and even if you're saying "The road from X to Y is great for fast driving" it doesn't mean you actually do it when you drive it for real. Me saying on here I support Hitler and the BNP and think mass genocide is a good idea in some situations could be used to lock me away for terorrism or something! :blink:

Yeah I remember reading it and thinking at the time that it's not exactly fair, everyone's got a bit of keyboard warrior in them and even if you're saying "The road from X to Y is great for fast driving" it doesn't mean you actually do it when you drive it for real. Me saying on here I support Hitler and the BNP and think mass genocide is a good idea in some situations could be used to lock me away for terorrism or something! :blink:

I think it would be used with care. Clearly there is a line between a joke and someone stating facts or having a video of themselves doing 120 in a 30 etc

There was also the case of the Police 'people' who were sacked for bragging online about how they had crashed their Police cars.