The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spoiler: Review: Inglourious Basterds

SupraStar 3000

Watched this on Saturday and would rank it amongst Quentin Tarantino best!,.. even one of the best films of the year!

Completely made up plot, gore overkill and totally pointless but the irony and the way the propaganda film mirrored the actual film was genius!

Really enjoyed it. Just dont take a Nazi with you to watch it, they may well get lynched :eyebrows:

10/10

Tarantino is a genius! He's weird as hell, but I love his films.

Genius is going a bit far... usually above average scripts, and he's great at cutting and pasting ideas from other films.

He's more homage than original ideas, but always makes a cracking movie.

Funnily enough just watched True Romance last night, some fantastic writing in it.

Best scene in it IMO

He got paid writers minimum for that one (which I think was something like $30,000), and apparently touted it around Hollywood for five years!?

He used the money to make Reservoir Dogs.

That's all for now fact fans :)

The what?

I'm guessing there is a short film which backs up the apparent validity of the main feature...? in the same way they did those cool trailers in between the Grindhouse (Death Proof/Planet Terror) outing. I heard they're making 'Machete'..? :D

W8cCzltPD6Y

The what?

The film follows a plot where by the German Army is about to release a propaganda movie during the war. Many German dignitaries plan to attend this premiere thereby providing a perfect target for an assassination attempt and to end the war.

During the film we (the viewer) get to see some of this "propaganda movie" and there are a few coincidences between the film and "propaganda movie" , especially towards the end.

Tarantino is interesting. Despite heavily plagiarising being inspired by City of Fire for Reservoir Dogs I found Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill to be very good. I wasn't keen on Jackie Brown or the Grindhouse stuff though.

He's also an okay actor and his 'Top Gun is a gay movie' rant in Sleep With Me is genius.

vyN8VN4BSzM

SWORDFIGHT! :D

Saw this on Sunday and I did enjoy it, although I thought it was a bit too long, but then I find my butt gets a bit numb after 2 hours so that detracts away from the film a bit for me :D

Very clever writing though, typical tarantino dialogue-driven stuff, and brad pitt was very funny as well, and the bloke who played the 'jew hunter' was genius.

If anyone wants to see another quality movie, I also saw Moon (which someone on here posted the trailer up of) and for a low budget british made film with only a couple of actors, it was damn good.