The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SUPRA MklV SZ 3L N/A Automatic Aerotop, Blue.

Guest Gill

Model: EJZA80-AJPVF

Declared year of manufacture 1998, first registered in UK 02/2000. 3 owners since UK registration. Mileage: 58,990 MOT’d until 31 Mar 2010, Taxed until 31 Jan 2010.

electric mirrors, electric adjustment on drivers seat, aircon, speedo reads in miles, Laserline 213 alarm/immobiliser. Kenwood KDC-D300 CD player & Kenwood KRC-477R radio-cassette. Passenger/driver airbags

Last serviced 2/4/09, hardly driven since. Timing belt changed July 07 (mileage then 54,034).

Wheels 17” Team Dynamics coated. In fair condition, coating is scuffed and peeling in places.

Bodywork: rear off-side bumber was cracked when I bought it, had it repaired and the whole car was resprayed, it’s not exactly the same colour but very close, I have the colour code. You can still see a bump where the crack was in certain light, I’ve tried to photo it but it’s so faint it doesn’t show up in the photos. Nearside side wing mirror surround is broken (see photo) one of the bits inside is broken so it’s a bit floppy but the wing mirror works perfectly. The trims either side of windscreen are dented (see photos). There’s a small patch of rust beginning to bubble thru on the left corner drivers side of the roof(see photo), this is the only bit of rust on the whole car. The roof does leak a bit at the front corner, drivers side. Apart from these things bodywork is in great condition as you can see from the photos.

Interior: excellent condition, seats are fabric, no burns, tears etc.

I’ve described every bad bit that I can see because I don’t want any timewasters. This is a beautiful example of an unmodified rare model.

I’m selling it because I also have a Mk1 MR2 which I can’t bear to part with (although that was my intention when I bought the Supra) and I can’t keep both.

£6000 ONO

I’m happy to take anyone out for a test drive, if you want to drive yourself please provide your own fully-comp insurance. Please ask if you have any questions or would like specific photos of anything. Thanks for your time.

Thanks for the advice guys. It was resprayed because I had the rear bumper damage repaired and I didn't want it to look patchy. Also I was planning to have graphics put on it but I changed my mind when I decided I really couldn't bear to part with my MR2 so I'm doing that up instead and the Supra has to go. I am prepared to take offers. It's hard to know what the value is from all the variety of age/mileage/models that are on the net. Once again, thanks.

Thanks for the advice guys. It was resprayed because I had the rear bumper damage repaired and I didn't want it to look patchy. Also I was planning to ahve graphics put on it but I changed my mind when I decidied I really couldn't bear to part with my MR2 so I'm doing that up instead and the Supra has to go. I am prepared to take offers. It's hard to know what the value is from all the variety of age/mileage/models that are on the net. Once again, thanks.

So it was RSP to begin with?

Does the aerotop leak as it doesn't seem to line up in the photo showing the paint bubbling?

You are probably better dropping the price otherwise people won't even bother to enquire about it.

Sorry, don't know what RSP means, if you mean Royal Sapphire Blue then yes, it's one shade more purple now and no the engine bay wasn't done. The roof does leak (don't they all) at the front corner drivers side. Thanks for reminding me, I meant to put that in the ad.

I have seen this car in the flesh and it is very clean for its age. It would make a good TT swap as this car is very stock. It has a few paintwork issues that have been mentioned but for the year and general condition its one worth looking at (subject to full inspection) I have seen alot worse for not that much cheeper.

Way over-estimating the value. Sorry, but you can find a few good Auto TT's for that money. I would drop a couple of grand off that. Looks lovely but I think you are shooting far too high.

How many genuine facelift aerotops have you seen for sale? Whilst 6k might seem high to some for an NA, this is a very rare car in its own right and I would imagine appeal to many in that it would make a good base for a TT swap (if that's your thing).

Way over-estimating the value. Sorry, but you can find a few good Auto TT's for that money. I would drop a couple of grand off that. Looks lovely but I think you are shooting far too high.

Im always surprised at these comments from fellow members,show me a 98 tt with this mileage for this money,you wont get one you will be looking at a 93 or 94 car with a lot more miles on it,more grunt yes, but still an older car with potential problems we have all read about ,check dealers prices for a 98 n/a and you will find this is not far off the mark.

Thanks for all the feedback. It's very helpful and I'm learning loads. I didn't realize it's a facelift model either, in fact I don't know what that is. Would someone like to educate this very green newbie? :)

Thanks for all the feedback. It's very helpful and I'm learning loads. I didn't realize it's a facelift model either, in fact I don't know what that is. Would someone like to educate this very green newbie? :)

Between the changeover of plates in 1996 Toyota "facelifted" the supra. They changed a couple of bits and bobs including the front bumper, the front & rear lights, the dash and the wheels. The VVTi engine was also introduced in late 1997.I will have missed a fair few but thats the jist of it.

It just means that the facelift version is more modern & hence worth a little bit more due to the style as well as the age.

HTH

Between the changeover of plates in 1996 Toyota "facelifted" the supra. They changed a couple of bits and bobs including the front bumper, the front & rear lights, the dash and the wheels. The VVTi engine was also introduced in late 1997.I will have missed a fair few but thats the jist of it.

It just means that the facelift version is more modern & hence worth a little bit more due to the style as well as the age.

HTH

Thanks for taking the time to explain, appreciated :)

. The VVTi engine was also introduced in late 1997.I will have missed a fair few but thats the jist of it.

HTH

No VVTi on the NA, at least not the RHD versions.

No VVTi on the NA, at least not the RHD versions.

Yes there was there have been loads on here in the past in certain.

If im wrong i appologise, but im certain the N/A had the VVTi engine in its latter years (import only, like all N/As, as its the same as the lexus is300 engine)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.