The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Internet speeds

RobD

Well after the who har last week about people not getting there correct broadband speeds ( people paying for 10mb and not even seeing 2mb!) , I found this online test on another forum I use, a lad had just had a free upgrade from virgin media to ten mb and he was reading 9.84mb which is good, I decided to check my mobile dongle and it came back as this lol :

How poor is that but I suppose it can be expected being mobile etc,

thought it would be a good idea to see what people are paying for and the actual speed there getting , plus if you have any queries that website should help :)

Both of your pings are quite good to compared to my 200 odd ! Still if you paying 24mb and recieving 8.88, thats poor in my opinion, not even half of the desired speed, do they just deny that its running at that speed if you call them?

Thats superb martini!

Thats a university mate, pretty poor download considering i can get that in my house :D

Cracking upload though!

There are loads of ISP threads. Virgin comes up trumps every time. The only time you won't get full speed with virgin is when they have capped you for downloading too many movies in the one month ;)

Thats a university mate, pretty poor download considering i can get that in my house :D

Cracking upload though!

There are loads of ISP threads. Virgin comes up trumps every time. The only time you won't get full speed with virgin is when they have capped you for downloading too many movies in the one month ;)

I use virgin on my ps3 but router packed up a month or two back and cant really be bothered to buy another! the only time i get really bad problems is when i try to upload pics of the supe :D dont download anything so it does us, whereas the ps3 has a 2mb line wired in and still manages to lag sometimes :(

Cracking upload though!

I am currently downloading data at the moment, so it's a bit bottle necked by that I assume. I can't remember what I typically get here.

Uploading at uni is a joy :)

(I only wish I had my PS3 and XBOX 360 in the office!)

Both of your pings are quite good to compared to my 200 odd ! Still if you paying 24mb and recieving 8.88, thats poor in my opinion, not even half of the desired speed, do they just deny that its running at that speed if you call them?

they just say it is the best the line will offer. mind you at my dads house, down the road, i was getting 6. the exhange is ancient so im putting it down to that, dont want to change isp incase it gets worse.

like you had the free upgrade on virgin , but needed a new modem , which the engineer fitted he used the same speed test , he said its the most accurate .

but my speed varies quite a bit , so phoned and they did a check , and there was a fault on virgins end , and all been up around the 9s ever since, but he did say it will vary due to busy times of the day , so maybe werth a call just to make sure its not virgins fault that your speed is down

that cant be right. i get way mare than that when downloading lol

Thats better. depends what server you use :p

Checking the eclipse website i could upgrade from what im on now (which i think is 10 meg) to 24meg.

but my old 10 meg has unlimited downloads after 11pm untill 9am. where as the new ones limit to 2 or 10 gig... which i would get through in a day. :p

• 1 month later...