The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mitsubishi Evo IV

JamesArup

Howdy folks,

Righty ... I am looking to sell my 1997 "P" Reg Mitsubishi Evo IV. Here is the background: -

Background: The car has done 121405 miles, of which I've probably only done 1000, maybe less. I got a fairly good deal on the car a little over 2 years ago after the previous owner was banned from driving. My plan was to make it a bit of a 'project' car where I could spend some time and do it up. Unfortunately, I was told that my job was moving to Madrid about 3 weeks after I bought the car, and it never reached the potential that I had planned for it. I am now back from Spain, but I don't have the time to put into the car anymore, and I need to focus on the Supra alone ;). For that reason, I am looking for a nice new owner who is after a potential project/track car to work on.

Specs/Mods: The car was fairly standard when I bought it. The only noticeable changes were some kind of lightened bonnet, and an aftermarket exhaust that had, quite frankly, seen better days. I have done some work to the car myself as follows - new spark plugs, bailey dump valve, blitz induction, A-pillar guage pod, full speaker replacement and a brand new Blitz NUR Spec full exhaust system (best part of £600), which has done about 5 miles!

The "Not so great part": Whilst I was away in Madrid some thieving scum travellers broke into the private and secure place where I was keeping the EVO, and they did their best to take it. Little did they know that I had removed the battery, the ECU and a bunch of fuses. They smashed off the passenger door handle, punched a hole in the door, and pulled out the locking mechanism. Once in the car, they smashed the steering surround and tried to hotwire the car .. they even left a screwdriver in the ignition barrel! They also took the stereo faceplate, but nothing else. Whilst breaking in, they also bent the driver doorframe at the top a little too :(

However, the damage that has been done is purely cosmetic and should be very easy to fit. Mechanically the car is very sound, and it started the instant I put the battery back in after I returneed. The car still goes like a bullet and flies around corners like it's on rails. It never fails to put a big grin on your face :D. This is an ideal car to make into a 'project' for the weekends, but it's also equally viable as a daily driver with some very minor work. Either that, or it would make a great little track car.

I am looking for around £3250 for the car. This is much less than I paid for it, I've only added about 1000 miles since I've had it, yet I've spent upwards of £1000 on it in the short time that I had the chance. It's currently declared SORN, and the MOT is due in 4 weeks. I have done about 3 miles since the last one!!

Here are some pics: -

http://www.bouncingbullet.com/images/evo1.jpg

More images: -

Evo Pic 2

Evo Pic 3

Evo Pic 4

Evo Pic 5

Evo Pic 6 - Pass. Door Handle Damage

Evo Pic 7 - New NUR Spec

Evo Pic 8 - Interior Damage

Evo Pic 9 - Forced Door-Frame Damage

If you are interested, or have any questions, feel free to drop me a PM :)

Cheers, James :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

!!BOING!! :innocent:

I'm dropping this to £2800 now as I am so fed up with scammers and time wasters.

If I'm going to sell it cheap, then I would much rather that it went to someone who has a passion and enthusiasm for Japanese performance cars, than some dodgy scammer looking to make a few quick $$$'s.

Cheers, J :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.