Video Game

Guest MarcB

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If thats the balloon game with guns then yes! epic win! :D

even if it isnt I want to download it :D

anyone remember that driving game on the Amiga where you had to do a loop and stuff? may have been called something silly like "driver" lol, supercars was good too on the amiga :)

Fail!

I think that was pang! :p

EPIC FAIL!

For not knowing what Pong is.

I can't belive no one has said Final Fantasy 7?! NEVER have I spent so much time and got so into a game in my life! Charcters, storyline, gameplay.. the graphics weren't the best but were a BIG step into huge 3D environments, and new battle systems.

FF7 = Epic win!

I can't belive no one has said Final Fantasy 7?! NEVER have I spent so much time and got so into a game in my life! Charcters, storyline, gameplay.. the graphics weren't the best but were a BIG step into huge 3D environments, and new battle systems.

FF7 = Epic win!

Awesome call! :thumbs:

I'm so tempted to download it from the PSN store and play it again, but I know that I'll end up spending months on it and not getting anything productive done. :)

At the time in no specific order

streets of rage 2 - megadrive

street fighter series in general - multi format

doom 2 - pc

need for speed original - pc/3do

Geoff Crammonds microprose grand prix 2 - pc

Toca touring cars 2 - pc

Guardian heroes - sega saturn

final fantasy 7 - ps1

Gran turismo 1 - ps1

Indiana Jones and the fate of atlantis - pc

Panzer dragoon saga - sega saturn

Pretty much any game touched by Yu Suzuki - if you don't know who he is you are not a true gamer.

Notable innovative classics

destruction derby

wipeout 2097

lemmings

daytona usa - arcade

gta series

• 1 year later...

Only to add my two pence! :D

Best game for me was the original Mech Warrior. Gawd I used to love stomping arround in a Battlemaster. In fact, I could list my childhood favourites, I mean come on - Starcraft, the Monkey Island series, Syndicate - anything by Lucas Arts (Day of tentacle, Full Throttle, Sam and Max, jedi knight, etc)

My God, I would give anything to relive the rich satisfaction of these games. In those days I would finish the games and think sadly. Oh well. It's over. To this day I wish they'd made a sequel to Full Throttle and even day of the tentacle. They made some episodes for Sam and Max but it simply lacked the wit, voice acting and cleverness of the original.

I'm hoping to find my inner child with the new Starcraft. Get some closure.

I am hearing alot of Fallout 3. I might buy it this weekend. No idea what its about or what its like but fact its mentioned here so many times I must try it.

Only to add my two pence! :D

Best game for me was the original Mech Warrior. Gawd I used to love stomping arround in a Battlemaster. In fact, I could list my childhood favourites, I mean come on - Starcraft, the Monkey Island series, Syndicate - anything by Lucas Arts (Day of tentacle, Full Throttle, Sam and Max, jedi knight, etc)

Gosh some golden oldies there. Lucas arts...not heard that for ages.

No console game ever. No way can one of those stunted lightweight shinies ever be considered a 'best game', no no no.

I reckon System Shock 2. It had it all. Plot, atmosphere (in shovelfuls), action, character progression, skill/ability/tech decision trees (you'd never even get close to getting it all), and even co-op play.

No console game ever. No way can one of those stunted lightweight shinies ever be considered a 'best game', no no no.

Part of me has to agree. I spent far more time on pc games back in the 90s than most console games until the saturn came out. :innocent:

All these lucas arts games being mentioned.

Anyone remember rebal assault? Classic :eyebrows:

Theres so many variety of games now. its impossible to say what is best. but going back to what led the way....

IMO For PC

Doom 2 is the pinnacle of all shot'em ups, then came quake/UT, counter strike and battlefield etc.

strategy games has to be red alert or warcraft.

arcade

street fighter 2 & daytona

console

mario kart (snes)

golden eye (n64)

daley thompson decathlon on commodore64/spectrum etc. I was too young to play then but i remember my brothers bashing the crap out the keyboard till it broke playing this game, so musta been a great game :p

handheld

tetris (gameboy)

mario kart & tetris (ds multiplayer)

i remember back in the day there was a game on the amiga called "Hunter".]

Great to see hunter getting some love, that was a great game especially messing with the helicopers and tanks. I never actually completed any missions, it was a bit like Grand Theft auto where its more fun to just mess about.

As the all time number ones are 'your opinion' mine would probably have to be hired guns on the Amiga.

Hired Guns

It looks like a standard eye of the beyolder type game but the audio was just awesome, truly an amazing game for the time.

Hard to name favourates without creating a huge list but some of the others that are surely up the top for me are...

Stunt Car Racer (Amiga)

Everquest 2 (PC)

Turrican (Amiga)

Mercenary (Spectrum / Amiga)

Elite2 (Amiga CD32)

Renegade (spectrum)

Shining the Holy Ark (saturn)

Knight Lore (Spectrum)

Super Metroid (SNES)

I am hearing alot of Fallout 3. I might buy it this weekend. No idea what its about or what its like but fact its mentioned here so many times I must try it. Gosh some golden oldies there. Lucas arts...not heard that for ages.

I would recommend it. In fact if you haven't played any of the previous Fallout's give them a go. Again, really good story in all of 'em, it doesn't take it self too seriously, a bit on the adult side and some of the references in Fallout 3 would make more sense.

I think you can get Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics as a bundle for a £10 these days.

But you know what does it for me....? The narrators voice. Has been the same guy since day one.

"War..........War never changes......" - The opening and closing statement to all the games. Poetic.

Anyway, I've drifted a bit. Graphically it's beautiful. The environment isn't as big some games but I think it would take you about 20 minutes to jog from one end of the map to the other. Lots of weapons - so many ways of dealing with a situation, i.e. talk, shoot and I'm quite sure f*ck you way out of a bad spot. The perks are well balanced and it's just great fun to either go in guns blazing or do the timed-bullettime kindof kills.

Blowing someone's head off has never quite been so satisfying*

Only downside is there isn't a multi-player side to it and if you can get the addon packs.

*since Soldier of Fortune 2.