The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which one? PS3 or XBOX360 as a free gift

Aero-M

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think its down to the gamplay of it and connection quality with the PS3 always being wireless the download speed is obviously slower so in my personal experience of them they seem to lag a lot more than the Xbox does but at the end of the day that is only my opinion :)

Really?

My mate came round the other day to download the zombie map pack on cod 5 for the Xbox360

3 hours later he left, took me 15 minutes for my PS3;)

Mine was wireless his was obviously wired

Amazing

Really?

My mate came round the other day to download the zombie map pack on cod 5 for the Xbox360

Amazing

It normally only takes a few mins but depends how many people are downloading at the time as it took me about 10 mins to download but my bro took 45 mins as he did it the day it came out and surely it depends on what speed you get in the area and how close to the exchange you are etc??

It normally only takes a few mins but depends how many people are downloading at the time as it took me about 10 mins to download but my bro took 45 mins as he did it the day it came out and surely it depends on what speed you get in the area and how close to the exchange you are etc??

Of course it does so why make a statement that the PS3 is slower?

You just contradicted your own point bud ;)

I do hope the OP appreciates all this work for his free console consultation

In light of some cleverist gentlemen on here, we need more graphs.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee2/littlebigman_123/ps32.jpg

Another...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee2/littlebigman_123/Pie.jpg

And another...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee2/littlebigman_123/xbox-360-controller-power-use-ps3-w.jpg

I do appreciate everybodys opinions and effort they have put into this thread.

Your graphs Are also very helpful, Should help with the final decision making. Who would have thought a simple free console would make such an in depth Thread, It should almost be a chargable service you are offering.

Nice graphs

I think that probably reflects the cultural/geographical loyalty more than anything - Japan prefer Sony and US prefers MS?

I was always better at colouring-in at school, than writing stuff

:senile:

And yes, I agree with the loyalty thing too :)

I'm not sure your thought process is right there.

Well for instance the same game on a blu ray disk may be 15Gb but on xbox only abour 6Gb. So it makes sense that the data is less compressed on the PS3 or requires more code so most patches will be larger.

I'd seriously get a PS3 and i like Xbox more. then flog it and get Pro xbox (which has HDMI) buy xbox live for yr for £25 off ebay like i did and enjoy the online gaming. :)

Well for instance the same game on a blu ray disk may be 15Gb but on xbox only abour 6Gb. So it makes sense that the data is less compressed on the PS3 or requires more code so most patches will be larger.

I'd seriously get a PS3 and i like Xbox more. then flog it and get Pro xbox (which has HDMI) buy xbox live for yr for £25 off ebay like i did and enjoy the online gaming. :)

When a game patch is applied, it isn't written to the bluray disc, so the data on the disc, no matter how compressed has no effect on patches. Patches are applied to the PS3's/360's specified game folder. It's more than likely got to do with the way the ps3 allocates game data to its file structure. No doubt you've noticed that after you've spent an hour downloading a demo onto the ps3, it has to spend another 15 minutes installing it. The 360 has no install process after the download.

LOL at the graphs! If they were priced the same the X-Box would be blown away, its because the PS3 is nearly double the price most people think the PS3 isnt worth the extra. Its simple economics.

Just look at the PS2 compared with X-Box sales, they're so much higher for similarly priced hardware.

When a game patch is applied, it isn't written to the bluray disc, so the data on the disc, no matter how compressed has no effect on patches. Patches are applied to the PS3's/360's specified game folder. It's more than likely got to do with the way the ps3 allocates game data to its file structure. No doubt you've noticed that after you've spent an hour downloading a demo onto the ps3, it has to spend another 15 minutes installing it. The 360 has no install process after the download.

Missunderstood me mate

Xbox game file 3mb

ps3 10mb

due to coding / compression

the above file needs patching and only way is a replacement to compiled. Xbox download 3mb , ps3 would be 10mb

I know im simplyfying the process because depends on the file and whether it can be appended etc...

Just look at the PS2 compared with X-Box sales, they're so much higher for similarly priced hardware.

hmmm... well for me that was a 'mind set' thing.. after PS1 I was a complete fan boy :D it took me a while to accept the XBox when it came along, as I think it did for a lot of people... the controller was all wrong!?

Really?

Amazing

Ah ha, proof! Xbox owners are dirty stinkin' liars and spends more time downloading updates.

The PS3 is therefore vastly superior.

And on-line gaming is much better.

Ah ha, proof! Xbox owners are dirty stinkin' liars and spends more time downloading updates.

The PS3 is therefore vastly superior.

And on-line gaming is much better.

Yep:d

I play alot of games on the xbox when i go to see the lads in the block and i really cant see why people think its better.

i think its down to the fact that because they pay for it, they try and convince themselves that its better.

I only really use it to stream movies and TV etc at the moment, I need a bigger TV in a bigger house so that I can play games without the need to sit on the coffee table with my nose touching the screen to be able to see properly.

What you really mean is that you want to beat someone on Warhawk, I can promise you'll be able to do that so I'll let you know what I can get online :)

To be honest I'm still not finding a return to console gaming all that satisfying, I still prefer a PC for such things, the PS3 makes a great media player though.

Michael could you give me a brief run down on what software you are using to stream movies and TV please. I've tried PS3 Media Server but I'm finding it constantly lags up, even when I tried streaming a movie from a laptop sat right next to the PS3. I'm trying to stream wirelessly in case that's the problem.

Michael could you give me a brief run down on what software you are using to stream movies and TV please. I've tried PS3 Media Server but I'm finding it constantly lags up, even when I tried streaming a movie from a laptop sat right next to the PS3. I'm trying to stream wirelessly in case that's the problem.

Can you physically network cable one or both of them in and try again, if it works fine then possible issues with your wireless setup.

I use tversity which my mate came and sorted for me and its perfect,

http://tversity.com/

If you have media player, just make sure sharing is enabled and it can see you video/music/pictures directories.

When sharing is enabled you should be able to see your PS3 trying to access the PC media - then just 'allow' it. Job done :)

This works the same for XBox and PS3.

Can you physically network cable one or both of them in and try again, if it works fine then possible issues with your wireless setup.

I didn't think of that, I'll move the wireless router into the living room and hardwire the PS3 and the laptop into it and try that. Then I'll leave the PS3 wired in and see how much it lags talking wirelessly to my main PC upstairs. Thanks Michael :)

I use tversity which my mate came and sorted for me and its perfect,

http://tversity.com/

Ah that looks very similar to PS3 Media Server, I'll try it with my current setup and compare how that one streams wirelessly. Thanks.

If you have media player, just make sure sharing is enabled and it can see you video/music/pictures directories.

When sharing is enabled you should be able to see your PS3 trying to access the PC media - then just 'allow' it. Job done :)

This works the same for XBox and PS3.

Well that seems the most simple way Mike thanks, but if it's that's simple why do people use PS3 Media Server and tversity? Confusing :blink: