The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which one? PS3 or XBOX360 as a free gift

Aero-M

..never thought i'm come across so many fanboys on this site!! lol

Personally I went for the PS3.. the blu-ray and it basically does everything 'out of the box' that you need to buy extra for the sexbox to do..

Regarding the sexbox, it doesn't do wireless without a £50 bridge, it wont play HD DVD without buying an additional/replacement drive (unless this has now changed, tho it is now redundant anyways) and it wants £40odd p/a for online gaming. Tho I do rate the grafix and the controllers for comfort!

I recently dropped a 320g HDD into my PS3..an easy upgrade that then means you dont have to 'stream' anything :)

They both have pros and cons..but if it's gonna be free...I'd still say go for the PS3, free online is good if you aren't a committed gamer and the blu-ray is great t'boot. If you were buying..the price of the xbox means it is now very worth considering...

I have a Wii also.. personally, I never use it..only when a friend comes over..its great fun with a drink in ya!

Re: the comments for the sexbox being better online.. even if it is (cant comment as I dont own one) I would have to say.. for £40odd..i would really hope it's blinding!! Never had a single complaint on the free Sony service...

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..never thought i'm come across so many fanboys on this site!! lol

Personally I went for the PS3.. the blu-ray and it basically does everything 'out of the box' that you need to buy extra for the sexbox to do..

Regarding the sexbox, it doesn't do wireless without a £50 bridge, it wont play HD DVD without buying an additional/replacement drive (unless this has now changed, tho it is now redundant anyways) and it wants £40odd p/a for online gaming. Tho I do rate the grafix and the controllers for comfort!

I recently dropped a 320g HDD into my PS3..an easy upgrade that then means you dont have to 'stream' anything :)

They both have pros and cons..but if it's gonna be free...I'd still say go for the PS3, free online is good if you aren't a committed gamer and the blu-ray is great t'boot. If you were buying..the price of the xbox means it is now very worth considering...

I have a Wii also.. personally, I never use it..only when a friend comes over..its great fun with a drink in ya!

Re: the comments for the sexbox being better online.. even if it is (cant comment as I dont own one) I would have to say.. for £40odd..i would really hope it's blinding!! Never had a single complaint on the free Sony service...

So...let's see what your comment does to the graph - Oh look, the PS3 is in the lead again.

having had 3 xbox 360's id still say id go for an xbox anyday of the week , although online gaming is a small £40 a year, the speed and servers on the xbox live kick the hell out of the slow and laggy ps3 , its slow and laggy because its free.

more games on the 360 aswell. but if you remember the ps3 was brought out a while after the 360 so therefore ps3 had time to adjust to the competiton.

my opinion over.

:p

I have both and chose the PS3. My personal advice is if your really not interested in blue ray then get the PS3 and...

Once you have it sell/part ex it for a 360 Elite.

The three games you have mentioned in your first post will all play on the 360. See compatibility list here

All round I find the 360 better for gaming. One years live subscription can be had for under £30 and is worth paying the extra.

having had 3 xbox 360's id still say id go for an xbox anyday of the week , although online gaming is a small £40 a year, the speed and servers on the xbox live kick the hell out of the slow and laggy ps3 , its slow and laggy because its free.

Youve had 3 and keep going back?:(

And how much faster is the speed?

My mate has a 360 and when we are online there is now difference in any of the games we play

more games on the 360 aswell. but if you remember the ps3 was brought out a while after the 360 so therefore ps3 had time to adjust to the competiton.

my opinion over.

:p

So if i offered you £300 or £200 with no strings attached you would take £200?

Some right nutters on this forum.

mate the x-box is out dated! soon they wont be able to produce games as toshiba have givin into HD and it will all be Sony Blue-Ray so unless Sony allow x-box to have there technology....good bye xbox. lets alsolook at the fact of how much better the PS3.

1. PS3 is 1080 bit not 360bit

2. PS3 has a Blue-Ray player x box dont

3. PS3 has digi optical output and x box hasnt

4. PS3 has built in wireless internet x box hasnt and u have to pay as an extra

5. PS3 has a motion sensor controler x box hasnt

6. PS3 online play is FREE and x box you have to pay

7. PS3 is silient as a mouse x box its VERY loud

8. PS3 is relaible x box isnt hence the red ring of doom....x box prepered for it to go wrong! lol

AND 9 most importantly!!!

9. GRAND TURISMO 5! 25/09/09 !!!!!! And x box cant have it!

god dear... do i go on???

Dont get me wrong the 360 is excellent value for money! But its just completely outdated now!

"You wouldnt buy a VCR player if theres a DVD player for a bit more"

Im a total gamer...more PC than anything with my custom built machine i made :) But i have also owned my PS3 for a while and its just brillient!

mate the x-box is out dated! soon they wont be able to produce games as toshiba have givin into HD and it will all be Sony Blue-Ray so unless Sony allow x-box to have there technology....good bye xbox. lets alsolook at the fact of how much better the PS3.

1. PS3 is 1080 bit not 360bit

2. PS3 has a Blue-Ray player x box dont

3. PS3 has digi optical output and x box hasnt

4. PS3 has built in wireless internet x box hasnt and u have to pay as an extra

5. PS3 has a motion sensor controler x box hasnt

6. PS3 only play is FREE and x box you have to pay

7. PS3 is silient as a mouse x box its VERY loud

8. PS3 is relaible x box isnt hence the red ring of doom....x box prepered for it to go wrong! lol

god dear i go on!!!

I've changed my mind.

I'll nip out and get an xbox now.

i see number 9 was missed out lol ;)

its all a matter of taste....try and see if have a play on your mates ones and go from there bud...

To be honest I had the PS2 and just couldn't get in to it.

I fear if I bought (and remember I didn't start this thread) either of these 2 machines, I believe they would sit there gathering dust :blink:

I think I lost my gaming mojo quite some time ago.

Nintendo DS!

Nintendo will always have the best game play!! i will never argue with that! N64 WHAT A CONSOL! lol and the snes! i was on the 1st mario with a mate for 4 hours the other day on 2 player! nearly completed it, but got fed up lol

ah i know were u coming from LBM i started to drift away about 2 years ago, but alot of rubbish was happing around then so i blame that tbh coz now gameing and my car keeps me tick :)

I wasn't allowed a console, i was on computers from age 4 lol.

When you guys were playing nintendo, i was making a spider run around the screen on my ZX Spectrum. I still haven't played a game as addictive as the james bond pack i got with my +2 (james bond edition or something like that).

Out of curiosity, would those type of guns work on plasma's?

i have had loads of consoles and still got most of them.i have always had sony consoles but never fancied the ps3.i bought a wii for the interactive fun games and also got a xbox360 elite.pretty impressed by the xbox.they had a bad name with ring of death on early machines.my brother in law got a ps3 from usa and that died on him sort of a ring of death type problem.he went out and bought a uk ps3 his sons have xbox 360 consoles as they play online.

my nephew had a 360 then sold it and bought ps3 now he selling it and getting a xbox360

not played any of consoles in ages.

they all have great games u go back to.i like tetris sphere game on n64 and mario kart on wii