The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which one? PS3 or XBOX360 as a free gift

Aero-M

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/19/ps3-slim-unboxing-in-pictures/

Meh. Maybe worth buying one of these if you don't own a PS3 already, but I frankly still prefer the look of the original. The new will be good for car installs or caravans or boats etc and places where space is a premium, but I can't think of any reason for an existing owner to buy one.

Less power usage would be nice...

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Did you flip a coin? :)

How did you decide? (remembering the stirling advice and tremendous graphs presented to you earlier :D)

I used the stirling advice of everyone, the poll, and your very helpful graphs to come to this conclusion.

Ah but will it be the new PS3 or the old PS3... that's bound to have an impact on resale, they might just be dishing out old ones.

It will be the old 80gb one they are giving away, Still im sure it's better than the xbox. Plus I now have a wireless router so will be able to use all the media center features of the PS3.

Just seen this so even though you've ordered thought i'd add my 2p's worth.

If this scenario of a free gift was occuring acouple of years back I'd of gone for the ps3, sold it and bought an 360 (due to PS3's being almost double the price back then)

Acouple of years on I'd go for the PS3 (as you have).

There seems to be alot more developers supporting the platform now they understand how to actually code/programme the games for the console and there are some excellent additional features other than it being a games console (vidzone is brill).

Some of the exclusive titles on the horizon:

MAG

PixelJunk 1-4

Grand Turismo 5

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Uncharted 2

God of War 3

Heavy Rain

Last Guardian

Agent

Modnation racers

Taken from Here

Some Exclusives currently released:

SOCOM: Confrontation

Killzone 2

Metal Gear Solid 4

Uncharted

Motor Storm 1 & 2

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds

Resistance Fall Of Man 1 & 2

inFamous

Warhawk

Little big planet

As well as the exclusives there is the multi'plat titles like the COD series, Batman Arkum Asylum (joker playable via PS3 downloadable content only), Fifa series, Assassins Creed 1 & 2 etc etc.

Someone who has a 360 could list for their console like I have above but I believe now after seeing all the footage for the unreleased exclusive titles above that they will be unrivaled by any other current console.

To me the 360 has peaked and living on its excellent start in this gen of consoles but with the PS3 only titles, now the price reduction with the slim coming out and all the additional features other than it playing games its got full steam ahead for the next couple of years.

IMO anyway, fail to see what else is being brought to the table from other consoles after watching all the E3 press conferances a month or 2 ago. Nothing else seemed to excite.

Cheers :cool:

Enjoy your new PS3 :cool:

couple of things though, good luck streaming anything remotely HD over the wireless. It's own onboard wireless reciever isn't fast enough, so to stream HD, you need to have it wired.

Good luck with the online component, it was turd when I had one, and don't believe it's got any better. :D

lights touch paper for ensueing flame war

I'll chuck some v-power on to your torch paper :lol:

Must admit I didnt have any probs with online playing cod to level 65/10th prestige... Obviously my virgin media connection helped with that. Very little lag if any at all. Same with fifa.

Yes, streaming may not be the greatest. I can not argue that. I was streaming wirelessly and turned the res down within the media server. Still looked sweet on the TV but like you say, not perfect :)

Not tried it wireless, My router is at the other end of the living room and there's no where to hide wires when you got laminate flooring lol

• 4 weeks later...

Should be here tomorrow! 1 month wait, as they were out of stock.

On the plus side it will now be the new slimline model with the better memory size. Doesn't come with a game so I will have a look around for something good, Maybe Gran turismo will come out tomorrow!

Should be here tomorrow! 1 month wait, as they were out of stock.

On the plus side it will now be the new slimline model with the better memory size. Doesn't come with a game so I will have a look around for something good, Maybe Gran turismo will come out tomorrow!

NFS shift is good :)

Still no ps3, been told when I rang tonight they haven't come in. Could be upto a month!

They keep saying how about a top of the range xbox elite 120mb.

I have pointed out that after conducting a very informative survey, with a poll and graphs and everything, the ps3 is better. I then get asked if I want a laptop instead.

Depends...do you want a multi media system or are Hardcore Gaming Goliath...Xbox being the latter. Xbox has better online gameplay and by far better oposition to pit your wits against...fact ! PS3 does more tricks but i prefer a gaming console to do exactly what it says on the tin, hence owning a Xbox :D Also, the endless heating issues Xbox was plagued with in its early life since release in 2005 have all but been eradicated thanks to improved heat sinks and top notch soldering :p The new Arcade model (which is actually the cheapest one) now incorporated the latest motherboard which is quicker and doesnt Red Ring. Therefore, xbox all the way baby !