The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strange

erol_h

Today whilst at work i went to my van to get a tool as i approached the van there was a guy next to my van resting on the bin. I open the van with remote got my tool and noticed the guy looking around as i closed the door. As i started walking away i hit the button to lock the doors and i realised there was no beep from the alarm letting me know its alarmed. I stopped went back to van still hitting the button to lock but no luck and the guy seem to acting slightly suspicous i locked the van with the key and left looking back thinking wtf is going on. Then another 5mins later i went back to the van it open and closed fine via the remote could this guy have been upto something or is it just me?

Thats what i was thinking but what i don't get is that i was in marylebone high street a very expensive area what the hell would they want with my van when there was much more expensive cars there. Also i've had the van for 2years now and have never had a problem like this before the alarm works without fail everytime.

the man was aware of your sense of mind, he knew that you thought he was suspicious and acted even more suspicious when he realised you were looking at him suspiciously.

But he knew that some alarms just do that so he wasn't that bothered by it.

Take a leaf out of his book and relax when you get your tool out.

Could the guy have been copying the alarm frequency with a device sort of like you could have with those infrared remote-control watches?

Why would some one go throw all that effort for a van when they had much better pickings on the street wierd.

Sounds like he could have been jamming your alarm, hoping you wouldnt notice it didn't lock, so then he could go through your van taking whatever he wanted.

Maybe stealing a car was too risky, or he didn't have the ability to do it, where as raiding a van is easier. The guy he was looking at could have been his partner in crime. Who knows, just be glad you noticed it didn't lock.

No the closest thing i have to gold is copper.

Copper is worth a fortune these days.

Just because a potential thief is interetsted in your van, you shouldn't assume that because there are exp[ensive cars in the area he would be after them. 95% of vehicle theft is theft from not theft of so I would be wary and leave nothing valuable in your van whilst it is unattended for any length of time.

Im know not to leave anything on display id rather not give them a easy choice b*st*rds and i know copper is worth a bit i collect waste copper and after a few months take it in. Ive had a few people ask me if they can have the copper in my van idiots.