The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NFS shift

pistonbroke

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that Bodykit 2 or something on your Supra Gazza?

Ive got the most expensive kit and it would make a pubescent chav boy proud :)

I believe so.

Cant say I like the last kit available neither :lol:

I wish the Supra got added in Midnight Club LA. The customisation was immense compared to Shift's. NFS kinda gone a different direction to MCLA now though.

im sorry but i want it to go back to the street racing being chased by cops theme, now its just another grid forza gran turisimo copy. Im getting bored of racing around tracks being unfairly shunted into the walls.

TOtally agreed - i miss cruising the streets and especially the police chases

Whats with the graphics quality? Is this on the PSP?

I found this strange too. It is a high def game and yet the picture resolution is VERY low. I guess it is the way the pictures are saved, cuts down on server space.

Basically the graphics are far better than shown in the pictures, they aren't mind blowing though.

It's the gameplay that shines though. Where GT5 and Forza feel stale where so much processing grunt is put into shiny high def simulated representations and real life car physics. NFS Shift (when in the in car view) feels visceral and exciting. Every undulation in the road makes the car bounce about and the effect when playing from in car view is amazing. Its the best cockpit view out of all the racing games out there IMO. The sound is awesome too, from the gearbox whine to the turbo chatter, everything feels so much more 'in your face' compared to other racers.

It's the gameplay that shines though. Where GT5 and Forza feel stale where so much processing grunt is put into shiny high def simulated representations and real life car physics. NFS Shift (when in the in car view) feels visceral and exciting. Every undulation in the road makes the car bounce about and the effect when playing from in car view is amazing. Its the best cockpit view out of all the racing games out there IMO. The sound is awesome too, from the gearbox whine to the turbo chatter, everything feels so much more 'in your face' compared to other racers.

Completely agree mate. Every race i've had i've felt almost on the edge of my seat.

And you're spot on about the sound too, alot of people mention the graphics/detail of a game but the sound effects in this are probably some of the best i've heard, especially hooked up to my 5.1. Kinda made gt prologue and f3 feel pretty mundane.

I've really enjoyed this so not too fussed about the street racing, police thing. (i think midnight club nailed this perfectly) but if NFS did go back to its old style i'd like something like a nfs Most Wanted remake. 1 of the best in the series close to Shift and Hot Pursuit.

And yes, the graphics are toned down for the images unfortunately.

NFS Shift (when in the in car view) feels visceral and exciting.

Couldnt agree more. This is the only car racing game I've played where I actually prefer/enjoy being in the in-car view to any of the others. This isnt down to the ability to look around at the incabin view either. I think this game has an inconsistent career path, the same old shunt everyone out the way online racing and a limited/hard to use customisation element, BUT when you're actually playing the game and racing, its LOADS of fun. When I say LOADS of fun, I mean its taking it back to sweaty palms on the joypad as you bomb around the track. Good game but not super addictive and its no Gran Turismo 1 either :D