The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NFS shift

pistonbroke

Sure, it's not entirely the controls - the sounds and the graphics look awful compared to the Colin McRae Dirt2 demo I just played - which is awesome.

Different strokes then i guess. I wasn't overly impressed with the Colin McRae demo. Gameplay was good, graphics were good but not OOTW.

NFS Shift has superior GFX to Colin McRae IMO. The SFX in NFS I find very good, in the car when you hit a wall you damn near brick it. The music lets it all down though.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFS Shift has superior GFX to Colin McRae IMO. The SFX in NFS I find very good, in the car when you hit a wall you damn near brick it. The music lets it all down though.

Yeh the music sucks in NFS.

I am not on an HDTV (SD Plasma 42") so maybe that's why. Colin McRae and Forza both look good, but NFS looks like a late 90's game!

Either way, I'll only be paying for GT5 and possibly Forza 3 in this round. Would rather spend the money on my real car :)

I'm curious, did they scrap the idea of playing your own BGM from the HDD? There was a trick for the PS1 with Ridge Racer where you could swap the game disc for a Music CD and it would play those tracks instead lol.

Used to be able to do it on the Xbox with PGR. How can you have a modern day driving game where you can't choose your own music?

Saying that, maybe you can. I haven't actually looked into it in the options lol.

I'm curious, did they scrap the idea of playing your own BGM from the HDD? There was a trick for the PS1 with Ridge Racer where you could swap the game disc for a Music CD and it would play those tracks instead lol.

Used to be able to do it on the Xbox with PGR. How can you have a modern day driving game where you can't choose your own music?

Saying that, maybe you can. I haven't actually looked into it in the options lol.

I didnt read what console you have. But one the xbox you are able to play music from the menu by pressing middle button. It will continue playing whilst the game is and you can adjust the volume on this music independtly.

Can even stream music whilst playing!

EA games are notorious for this. NHL10 has just allowed you to make playlists and include that in-game.

I constantly played CoD4 on my XBOX online, with my music over the top, streamed from my computer.

The playstation cannot do both at the same time - it's just a software issue. I think they will get around to allowing it, but it's such a shame that including your own music cannot be done as it really adds to the experience of gaming these days.

• 3 weeks later...

I just brought this, I must admit im not overly happy with it. I have played all of the other series and enjoyed all of them... even carbon and undercover which were def not their best...

It really annoys me that you cant change the controls, and that they seem to of totally re-built the drift system... I used to be really good at it, now I suck.. in pains me to say this, but Grid is much better and much more enjoyable... :(

Give the racing part of it some time, it gets better. Try a 4wd car first, like the cosworth, to get used to the handling. The drifting is just crap, nothing will make that good IMO. The track feels made of ice and its as if the car has 2000lbs/ft of torque.

Give the racing part of it some time, it gets better. Try a 4wd car first, like the cosworth, to get used to the handling. The drifting is just crap, nothing will make that good IMO. The track feels made of ice and its as if the car has 2000lbs/ft of torque.

Yeah after reading the whole thread it seems a few people are saying that its worth giving time.

I do think the driving in the game is good however, its taking me a while to get used to using the analogue stick and not the dpad to steer, and the acc/break in R2 and L2, but once I get used to that I will probs be fine...

Still... when they evaluate your driving style at the start of the game, they put me straight into the expert catagory :eyebrows:

• 3 weeks later...

Nice pics :cool:

Here's afew of mine:

http://www.needforspeed.com/SpeedAPI/ws/game/1.0/nfsps2-ps3/photomode/41739154/image

http://www.needforspeed.com/SpeedAPI/ws/game/1.0/nfsps2-ps3/photomode/41739131/image

http://www.needforspeed.com/SpeedAPI/ws/game/1.0/nfsps2-ps3/photomode/40945602/image

http://www.needforspeed.com/SpeedAPI/ws/game/1.0/nfsps2-ps3/photomode/40700044/image

Just a shame the quality of the photo's gets dubbed down abit.

After an hour or so getting into the game I really started enjoying it. Looking forward to the supra coming :D

• 1 month later...

Just got back into playing Shift the other day after a long sabbatical on Modern Warfare 2. The Supra was made available as DLC in December, so I thought I'd post up a few pics of the the replica of my old one that I tried to make :)

The accuracy of the cabin is beyond belief IMO, almost like sitting in the real thing!

Now there is a Supra in it I am getting back in to the game, have been addicted to Modern Warfare 2 recently - how do you get the Supra, is it available after an update?

Love the second pic of the black Supe - not the best picture but here is my Lambo

http://www.needforspeed.com/SpeedAPI/ws/game/1.0/nfsps2-ps3/photomode/42154610/image

Right that's it, the only reason I didn't get it was because there was no supra... I have no excuss now!! :D

Get it :D Pretty cheap now too.

Seen some places sub £20.

Amazon are selling for £24 with free delivery

Or

Amazon market place seller £18.99 with a quid or 2 postage :cool:

Unsure on xbox but for PS3 the DLC is free in the PS Store. Down load and install and the additional cars will be in your garage :thumbs: Simples ;)

Get it :D Pretty cheap now too.

Seen some places sub £20.

Amazon are selling for £24 with free delivery

Or

Amazon market place seller £18.99 with a quid or 2 postage :cool:

Unsure on xbox but for PS3 the DLC is free in the PS Store. Down load and install and the additional cars will be in your garage :thumbs: Simples ;)

its free on all platforms.