The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NFS shift

pistonbroke

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/SLAPS ... that's my wages you are downloading there!! :rolleyes:

But yah ... lot more work went into it this year. New Studio, made in the UK etc etc.

Cheers, J

Whoever worked on the online layout needs to be severly slapped.

It is probably the worst online mode I have ever played on a racing game.

My custom selection options when searching just dumps me into a game 'like' those options and worst of all I cant choose which room to join...I keep getting joined to rooms with 1 person waiting so the 2minute timer starts and its a bloody circle track.

Choose search again and get put in same room! then most annoying of all is in the last 15seconds i cant do anything...change my car, change track, leave!!! im stuck there!

everything else great, do you know if they plan on patching that or anything, also i thought it was going to be 16 palyer online on the consoles?

But yah ... lot more work went into it this year. New Studio, made in the UK etc etc.

Cheers, J

if i had a job id hapily go out and pay for it. the government is making me do it :p

i very rarely download games,

the handleing is crap on ost things till you tweek and tune. useing the keybord is shocking though, you have to press the key for half a second till anything happens

im sorry but i want it to go back to the street racing being chased by cops theme, now its just another grid forza gran turisimo copy. Im getting bored of racing around tracks being unfairly shunted into the walls.

Yeah! i am finding the pure racing thing a bit boring, but i guess you need a steering wheel/peddle set to really get the benefit of that type, quite enjoyed some of grid, but the on line is full of cheats and run you offs.

How do you get pics off the game? i got a well cool R35GTR with every upgrade, looks well cool:cool:

Go to http://shift.needforspeed.com/us and sign up for an account. I have a PS3 and just used the same email address as my Playstation account and it worked fine.

You then just go to the mynfs section, my photos and download the photos you want.

Cheers, J

Oi, gizza job!!, I'd love to work in the games industry. :D. My qualifications are zilch, but I'm super duper keen :D

My only talent I suppose is video editting, so if you have any calls for it, give me a shout :thumbs:

if i had a job id hapily go out and pay for it. the government is making me do it :p

i very rarely download games,

the handleing is crap on ost things till you tweek and tune. useing the keybord is shocking though, you have to press the key for half a second till anything happens

I downloaded the demo on the PC to try it out, I hope it's not a representation of the console version. I'm about to finish Dirt 2 so was looking for another driving game. I have a beast games machine PC, and there was still slowdown. The handling also seemed broken when trying to use the keyboard.

Also, whats with the running into the back of cars and they lift up causing you to drive underneath them? :blink: I thought it was supposed to have some sort of super physics engine.?

Just finished Batman today. I'm between Shift & WET for my next buy. Shift is winning as WET is going to be similar to Batman.

WET?......... seriously? got to be one of the worst games I've ever played.

WET?......... seriously? got to be one of the worst games I've ever played.

I loved the demo, just hack and slash. Exactly what I need from time to time. It reminded me of Kill Bill, just felt like you were B's character.

Its like watching a crap movie for no other reason than to relax. Scoop out your brain, leave it at the door and just relax and be entertained for a bit (Crank & Crank 2 are good examples of what i mean... and of what the game is like for me)

Need at least 1 game like that :)

im now useing 2 workarrounds to stop the game crashing. i swapped over from keybord to a controller and the stearing is very on/off still. which means the damn thing wont stay in a strait line and i end up fishtailing down the strait. very irritating. i guess its just a case of fiiddleing with the controller settings but it takes so long to load because i have to run it in win98 compatability mode (so only useing one core of the cpu) that ive given up for now.

im now useing 2 workarrounds to stop the game crashing. i swapped over from keybord to a controller and the stearing is very on/off still. which means the damn thing wont stay in a strait line and i end up fishtailing down the strait. very irritating. i guess its just a case of fiiddleing with the controller settings but it takes so long to load because i have to run it in win98 compatability mode (so only useing one core of the cpu) that ive given up for now.

Why win98? Surely it should be compatible with all modern OS's?

Played GRID on the Logitech G25 thought it was great but much harder than on the controller for the PS3. Had to practice alot to get the hang of it.

Mr Arup last time I spoke to you was after I was pulled by the Police after a Boxhill meet. Still work for EA i see....... any chance of a free-be ? ;)