The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bolney '05 - Thanks

Digger

Well, Bolney is over for 2005 ....

Thankyou to everybody who came along - despite the naff weather (i'm sorry I couldn't arrange a bit of sun ..... although, at the time of writing this, it's sunny outside). We think we had between 450 and 500 cars - based on the amount we collected for "Bolney under 5's" verses the number of people who actually contributed and based on how far the cars stetched up the road. We raised a total of £342.40 .... and not everyone gave anything. We gave a cheque for this amount to a representative from the "Bolney Under 5's group" - I hope they appreciate our efforts. My partner Paula was one of the people collecting today, and unfortunately on a couple of occassions had abuse thrown at her. If people don't want to help keep Bolney going then that's up to them .... but is there any need to be rude ?

That aside ....

I thought the turnout itself and the quality of some of the cars was superb ... a great result considering it was raining a fair amount of the day (show's how committed you all are ).

We had a representative from J-Tuner magazine there taking photo's, making notes on certain cars, etc ..... hopefully they found some feature worthy cars - I'm really looking forward to seeing the guys photo's.

There will be a Japanese Performance Magazine feature - which I will be writing (please don't expect too much !) as they couldn't get a writer down for the day. Hopefully I got enough photo's to supply as well ... my memory card filled up rather quickly so I missed quite a few cars. I'll be asking Glen (GT Battle) if he has any I can use - as he was taking pictures all day.

The catering / service provided by the pub was absolutely superb - MUCH better than in previous years. I will be phoning them soon to thank them for their efforts. The staff there were also very enthusiastic and did everything they could to help things go smoothly.

The "Mid Sussex Times" newspaper came along - and took a photo of Paula and Dave (Nad) in front of Glens GT Battle car which should be in the paper on Thursday. I am expecting a call from the paper on Monday ... so i'll see what they have to say.

Thanks to Lex and Glen from GT Battle for coming down today ... I hope it proved worthwhile for you guys - it was certainly a good opportunity to let people know about GT Battle.

Ronnies car was a crowd pleaser as always ... and it was great to catch up with Ron again (even though he didn't bring his car himself ... Mark at Abbey's had that pleasure).

Hopefully we've done enough to be able to go back next year ... and if we do, I hope thw weather is a bit better.

Hopefully i'll get some photo's up on the net sometime next week.

PS. Thanks to Dave / Nad for the Bolney T-shirt

Daz

Was definately a good day today. I figured that I would turn up a bit after 11 as I didn't think it would be too busy with the rain ...... WRONG! Couldn't believe how many cars were there despite the miserable weather :thumbs:

Good to see a few of the usual faces today, and there were some great cars on show. Not sure how ... but I've already got my pictures up (got them all in hi-res ... just mail me and I will send you a 'proper' copy'). Just click on the 'Bolney 2005' link (duh! :who: ): -

Bouncing Bullet Gallery

Cheers, James :eyebrows:

Was a reasonable turn-out despite the weather, and it was my first year there as a Supra driver - been there for the last three years in the MR2 ;)

Just wish I'd had more time to come and say 'Hi' but had the wee nipper in tow, and so had to take him home. Can't believe he slept in the Supra on the way home, no cats and a Nur spec, and he sleeps :eek:

Note to self, leave the missus and baby at home next year ;)

Yep, good turn out despite the weather eh. Best bit for me was the journey down there with the convoy, always a laugh that bit!

it was a laugh to see that Ferrari 360 try to pull away and you just sat there on his arse, I really didnt expect him to play and I dont think he expected you to still be there.

JB

Did you like the flames? Apparently I was chucking some big ones out! I like.

Obviously not trying hard enough as you went past me, all I saw was a serious amount of grey fuel laden exhuast fumes, I did wonder why it didnt flame with that amount of overfueling.

JB