The mkiv Supra Owners Club

can i drive my car while waiting for tax disc

liam1

i drove mine for more than a month because my new tax disk got burried by paperwork on my desk when it arrived untill i finaly realised. Its the kind of thing you will only get done for if your pulled for something else. If they run your reg it will show up as paid on the databse... However i definately do not condone running arround without one.

It is an offence mate because its not displayed.. i got fined 60 for not havin mine on show !

I dont have mine on display, I got a parking ticket back in feb and was reported to the dvla for not having one.... I never heard anything back

The rules have changed now. You have 7 days grace if you ordered it online via the DVLA website. Make sure you keep your email with you during this time as not everyone is au fait with the new rules.

Yep - I was amazed when I got a note from DVLA about this recently. They're actually allowing us to do something that in the past we'd have been fined for. Wonders will never cease!

I think the only other detail is that you had to have ordered it before your old one ran out.

Oh - and I believe the rules state 5 working days. So if the old tax disc runs out on Sunday, you can only drive it until midnight Friday without the new disc. Perhaps Doug could confirm that?

Yep - I was amazed when I got a note from DVLA about this recently. They're actually allowing us to do something that in the past we'd have been fined for. Wonders will never cease!

I think the only other detail is that you had to have ordered it before your old one ran out.

Oh - and I believe the rules state 5 working days. So if the old tax disc runs out on Sunday, you can only drive it until midnight Friday without the new disc. Perhaps Doug could confirm that?

Pretty sure it is 5 working days so long as it has been paid for

you have to have a tax disk on disply or else you can be done for not displaying!

even if it falls off and rolls under the seat you can get done because its not on display! ive done it before where i paid but no disk and i had a nice copper who let me off after doing checks but some wont, and those who see your car parked wont let you off either