The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Archos 5

chrisrigpig

If it records a video input without needing a dockingf station thingy, then this is the sort of thing people want for their in-car camera setup. I've already got something but thought that might help. :)

indeed it does.

my mate uses one of these to record video from his model helicopters and planes whilst out in the field.

a great piece of kit and I still wish I could justify the money! :rolleyes:

Thread's kind of died off,

Everyone thinks it's a great gizmo but no one want's one, something wrong here, I'll give it till end of the week then I'll buy the DVR docking station and see what this thing can do myself, maybe use it for SatNav in the Supra, anyway

Till end of week £200 inculding postage.

Off to Amazon to price DVR dock.

Chris

Im interested depending on the below.

If it records a video input without needing a dockingf station thingy, then this is the sort of thing people want for their in-car camera setup. I've already got something but thought that might help. :)

What would i need with this to do a in car camera setup Steve?

What would i need with this to do a in car camera setup Steve?

Roughly, this:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=2270459#post2270459

I've got most of the necessary kit, just (still!) haven't got round to fitting any of it.

Interestingly, little num recently junked the invertor and went straight for 12V inputs, and he hasn't suffered any noise on the signal - unlike bignum's otherwise almost identical when he tried that approach. It seems to be hit/miss whether you'll get any noise or not.

Roughly, this:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=2270459#post2270459

I've got most of the necessary kit, just (still!) haven't got round to fitting any of it.

Interestingly, little num recently junked the invertor and went straight for 12V inputs, and he hasn't suffered any noise on the signal - unlike bignum's otherwise almost identical when he tried that approach. It seems to be hit/miss whether you'll get any noise or not.

So would the Archos just act as a viewing screen? and not a video recorder?

If it's like the Goodmans thinkg I bought then should do both mate. Check the version & spec - Wwhen I was looking for a recorder I couldn't be sure whether some of the Archos jobbers need the docking station to unlock some of the features (like record!): if it does then the in-car suitibility is somewhat reduced.

the archos will record.

as i said my mate uses this to record his flights from a small camera mounted on his helicopters and planes.....

he puts the direct feed into this and presses record.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What does it weigh? £20 postage seems to be taking the piss somewhat. It only cost me £15 to send a set of J-Spec tubby's via courier that weigh 20kg.

£20 postage was just a guess including insurance, the item is very cheap so if I score a couple of £ on the postage "so what"

Don't you worry about the postage cost because it won't be posted to you! at any price.

Sick of people wanting for fuck all, you want something you pay the price:wtf:, simple.

Fair enough, i was thinking about buying it as i do fancy one. I didn't have the dosh when you first listed it but i did post my interest, and i do now. I asked about the postage as i was going to suggest a courier as an alternative (£7+vat) and offer £160 posted.

Never mind though, you can shove it along with your attitude.

Fair enough, i was thinking about buying it as i do fancy one. I didn't have the dosh when you first listed it but i did post my interest, and i do now. I asked about the postage as i was going to suggest a courier as an alternative (£7+vat) and offer £160 posted.

Never mind though, you can shove it along with your attitude.

Un-lucky

Un-lucky

In my experience everything is open to negotiation on price, my top tip is not to start these negotiations by accusing the seller of “taking the piss” on the price listed, this will without doubt put the seller on the defensive and negotiations will end even before they have started, the only looser here is the buyer, remember the seller has something you want or you wouldn’t be talking in the first place, and the seller will always have another buyer come along.

In my experience everything is open to negotiation on price, my top tip is not to start these negotiations by accusing the seller of “taking the piss” on the price listed, this will without doubt put the seller on the defensive and negotiations will end even before they have started, the only looser here is the buyer, remember the seller has something you want or you wouldn’t be talking in the first place, and the seller will always have another buyer come along.

In my experience its always prudent to be honest when you wish to sell something. If you arent sure what postage is going to cost then don't just pull a figure out of the sky which seems ridiculous. Instead just include that in the purchase price... example £170 delivered, either that or £150 + P&P.

£20 for something that weighs next to nothing is dishonest hence my query. A lot of people do this on ebay and i understand why, the fee's on ebay are applicable to the purchase price only, not the postage. Adding a bit of money onto the postage can be prudent to the BIN auctions as you won't see as hefty a fee. On a forum where you get all the money regardless it is pointless and only raises suspiscion.

You are deluded if you think you are the one in charge here. Its a buyers market with everything that isn't rare, and that is more obvious now given the current economic climate. The fact that you have been selling this for a month and a half should give you a clue to that.

FWIW i feel my question & statement was valid, your response verified my suspicions as well as being rude and uncalled for. It will have put a lot of buyers off regardless of how you cover it up with the tosh you have just posted.

In my experience its always prudent to be honest when you wish to sell something. If you arent sure what postage is going to cost then don't just pull a figure out of the sky which seems ridiculous. Instead just include that in the purchase price... example £170 delivered, either that or £150 + P&P.

£20 for something that weighs next to nothing is dishonest hence my query. A lot of people do this on ebay and i understand why, the fee's on ebay are applicable to the purchase price only, not the postage. Adding a bit of money onto the postage can be prudent to the BIN auctions as you won't see as hefty a fee. On a forum where you get all the money regardless it is pointless and only raises suspiscion.

You are deluded if you think you are the one in charge here. Its a buyers market with everything that isn't rare, and that is more obvious now given the current economic climate. The fact that you have been selling this for a month and a half should give you a clue to that.

FWIW i feel my question & statement was valid, your response verified my suspicions as well as being rude and uncalled for. It will have put a lot of buyers off regardless of how you cover it up with the tosh you have just posted.

This is getting silly, please accept my apologies for my rudeness it was totally uncalled for and unjustified.

Can we stop now ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.