The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats a set of fully working flippy electric mirrors worth?

JamieP

Just to let people know there is a difference in the doors to cars which did not have folding mirrors. The loom connector is larger than those on non electric folding mirrors. The appature on the non folding mirror doors is too small for the folding mirror connector block to fit through.

When I had my respray I replaced a door not even thinking about this. When I came to fit my mirror to the door the opening was too small for the attached connector clip, we therefore had to enlarge the opening which was a PITA.

Basically it's worth checking! Anyone else come across this?

Just to let people know there is a difference in the doors to cars which did not have folding mirrors. The loom connector is larger than those on non electric folding mirrors. The appature on the non folding mirror doors is too small for the folding mirror connector block to fit through.

When I had my respray I replaced a door not even thinking about this. When I came to fit my mirror the door the opening was too small for the attached connector clip, we therefore had to enlarge the opening which was a PITA.

Basically it's worth checking! Anyone else come across this?

Ive just changed my door cards and noticed no difference.

edit, sorry misread, you are saying the hole in the door dont fit the connector block, is yours facelift?

No my car is pre-facelift.

It's not the opening in the skin of the door, but the support metal work in the door. It could be that the door I got was from a very early Supra, where the folding mirror option was not available, or where the connector blocks were a different size.

Either way they did not fit and I had to enlarge the opening to make the block fit. Alternatively you could just swap over the blocks form the old mirrors? Assuming there are enough pins to do that?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.