The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Highest bhp on stock fuel lines?

JamieP

Anyone know how far the stock lines will go? also what sort of power will a 044 fuel pump push?

Ive run out of duty cycle and need to upgrade my fuel system for when my new turbo goes on.

Not sure what way to go yet, may just buy the Titan 1000cc high impedance fuel kit.

Cheers Jamie:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

do you have a single feed or dual feed onto your stock rail ? if you have a dual feed then that should be good for around 800bhp (US FIGURES) . We fixed a supra once that had a stock rail wih sard 850cc injectors and dual feed , it managed 720bhp on a hub dyno running t88, but the duty cycle was around 95%.

This was before the days of ryan coming on the scene and it was our old friend Dan Turner tuning cars.

do you have a single feed or dual feed onto your stock rail ? if you have a dual feed then that should be good for around 800bhp (US FIGURES) . We fixed a supra once that had a stock rail wih sard 850cc injectors and dual feed , it managed 720bhp on a hub dyno running t88, but the duty cycle was around 95%.

This was before the days of ryan coming on the scene and it was our old friend Dan Turner tuning cars.

Im on stock rail, single feed mate.

By the time i mess around with it im thinking i may aswell just go with the Titan fuel kit, i like the fact its high impedance kit.

Im on stock rail, single feed mate.

By the time i mess around with it im thinking i may aswell just go with the Titan fuel kit, i like the fact its high impedance kit.

Those injectors like a higher base pressure as does the 044, you will need a regulator with the new rail so upping the pressure is no big deal ;)

What about normal PE650 with 044. Surley no FPR is required at this level?

An FPR is only required as the stock one mounts into the stock rail, I am assuming the new rail wont have stock FPR fitment, if it does then there would be no issue using it apart from the fact you couldnt up the base pressure over stock levels.

The PE650 drop into the stock rail so the stock FPR is fine.

I ran a stock line and a -6 next to it running thru 2 stock filters and had no fuel issues at 2.5 bar and a a precision 74GTS.

Now I have 2 walboros into a -8 and I am thinking of chucking on the old -6 and another pump for the new turbo.

Its pretty easy to run another line into the front of the stock rail and use a Sytec adaptor for the return, you can run an aeromotive then.

Like Wez says you will have to run a higher base pressure with some injectors (Delphi) otherwise they will drip!!!!

Ive took some advice from Dusty and im going with the phr stage 3 kit now.:)

Good shout, thats what I run. Only on 880 injectors though and have never had an issue apart from when i used to run one walbro. I now fun the bosch pump.