The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS T3G Twin Turbo Setup

DARETT

Lee is right, HKS start with a very good base and then tweak it.

Thanks Lee :)

Sorry for the delay in replying, Pics will be up tomorrow for sure, I've been away for a few days so haven't had a chance.

If anyone is near London your welcome to come and have a look in person as well!

Those are the same turbo's Jamesy -Thanks ;)

The reason why they aren't as popular is they are special order only.

In other countries where HKS dealers pushed them out they have been pretty popular especially in Japan and Australia.

Swampy I'll take installments- £1599 down payment and only pay £1 next year ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how would you go about getting these in this country , excuse the noobness but is there a HKS dealer in this country?

I would buy them but I need a twin turbo engine first :D , but would be looking at getting some in the future!

• 2 weeks later...

I would dearly love to have a stock TT to put these on to, and fit supporting mods with.

Save all the hassle of a single, and tell everyone it's stock with an exhaust lol.

This kit, CW SMIC, AEM ECU, 650 injectors, and keeping it all looking as stock as possible under the bonnet, that would be fun :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just from the photos I would say these are NOT sequential and you need a whole load more stuff to fit them like downpipes and turbine outlet flanges and fittings, plus maybe different intake side plumbing. The exhaust manifolds are divorced, the stock sequential is a log type. So how do 3 ports to one turbo, and 3 ports to the other work them sequentially? I think there's some misunderstanding here...

You mean the kit for the *2*JZ used the stock single piece manifold?

Well... I can't easily answer that with simple yes or no :)

I meant the 1JZ kit used the stock pair of 3-1 manifolds (and it looks like them in that pic).

I hadn't heard of a 2JZ kit before this thread, but going by the posts here, it sounds like the 2JZ kit would use the stock 2JZ manifold and sequential setup. And that would fit with the style of the 1JZ kit, as an 'easy' upgrade.

Maybe the buyer could post some pics :search:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HKS-T3G-Turbo-x2-+-Acturator-JZA80-2JZGTE-1JZGTE_W0QQitemZ290336782732QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090805?IMSfp=TL090805149003r38522

If someone bought these maybe they could be reverse engineered and then sold as a cheaper package? If a 1JZ-GTE turbo will bolt on to a J-Spec 2JZ-GTE manifold and have the orientation and bolt patterns of the turbine housing, compressor inlet and compressor outlet, the oil in and the oil drain out in the same place, then these should also fit a 2JZ-GTE stock sequential set up....

The chap that bought these is local and popped by to test the fitment and size for the 2JZ manifold and Y pipe.

The manifold flange is completely the wrong size. It's a small rectangular 4 bolt fitment and no way they would fit to a 2JZ manifold (UK or Jspec)

The flange for the Y pipe is about 50% smaller in area than the 2JZ one and after searching it needed the HKS Y pipe

Additionally, the exducer wheel was much smaller on the HKS turbo's than the stock one, the compressor was about the same size. however the physical size of the housings was much smaller than the stock jspec turbo's they looked like a turbos from a smaller sized CC car.

I took a couple of pics with the comparison if anyone wants to see them

BTW, it was an honest error and a refund is in progress, there was no intent to miss sell these as fitting a 2JZ, the seller genuinely thought these were for a 2JZ. Just wanted to make that clear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.