The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Monkey Island. Anyone remember it?

RedM

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, The Dig, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis....

Cracking games all of them, I bought Monkey Island SE last week, and completed it again this weekend. Don't forget to press F10 while playing it to see how crap it looked originally :p

I'm looking forward to "LeChuck's revenge" being updated. But I'm not convinced by the pricing structure for the Episodes though :blink:

Mike

"The Secret Of Monkey Island" wasn't it? Guybrush Threepwood or something like that?

Played it for a looongtime on my Amiga 500. Twas good at the time.

Guybrush Threepwood!!! How in God's name did you remember that!! The Secret of Monkey Island was a classic! I was always a fan of Duke Nukem. You may have guessed that though....

In what way? It's £24.95 for all five episodes. You can't buy them individually.

Ah fair enough, I saw all the individual episodes listed on STEAM at £24.99 and assumed they were each £24.99, but as you say the whole pack is that price, much better value :)

Mike

Loved the Monkey Island series, I had MI2 copied for the A1200 which was a laugh with only one floppy drive and 13 or 14 disks (weren't even 1.44mb I don't think - if anyone remembers them from back in the 90s?!)

Got MI3 and 4 for the PC, 3 was a right laugh but I got really stuck on 4 and wasn't too keen on the updated graphics.

I see as well as the updated original (which I've played on the xbox and it's awesome), that they're releasing the 5 part series on WiiWare as well, so I'll be downloading that as soon as I can, I think the first part was released today.

Grim Fandango was pretty cool as well, and I played Hook quite a lot (although don't think that was LucasArts), and if you like MI, then there is a funny game in the same style called Gilbert Goodmate and the Mushroom of Phungoria if you can find it anywhere!

I haven't actually tried them yet! I had a raging headache so slept a fair bit of this afternoon, on and off. I'll have a play tomorrow if I don't go out.

TBH though it's Monkey Fricking Island. It's always worth it.

BTW, Guybrush once said that he was looking at the second biggest monkey head he'd ever seen. Not once did LA ever say what the biggest was. Genius.

BASS was great. I think it's pretty much free from any number of places these days.

The Broken Sword games were great too. I also liked the Dark Seed games based on the art of H.R. Giger. Also, the Gabriel Knight games were really good.

I didn't get out much back then!

Dark Seed was OK.

The best think about that game was the smoking hot PR girl I met on their stand at CES when they were promoting it. For some reason she really wanted to chat with me, I was obviously a babe magnet back then with my H.R Giger knowledge....

Future Wars - I loved that. (wow, 20 years ago!)

..and the Bladerunner game was cool.