The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Monkey Island. Anyone remember it?

RedM

Dark Seed was OK.

The best think about that game was the smoking hot PR girl I met on their stand at CES when they were promoting it. For some reason she really wanted to chat with me, I was obviously a babe magnet back then with my H.R Giger knowledge....

Future Wars - I loved that. (wow, 20 years ago!)

..and the Bladerunner game was cool.

Oooo I'd forgotten the Bladerunner game, that was awesome.

Mike

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have loved to have played zac mackracken & the alien mind benders.

But to monkey Island, no.

I think I made up for it with games like Trans Am, Attic Attack, Horace goes skiing, Android, Feud, Jet set willie, and Manic Miner.

And my first computer game was Granny's Garden for the BBC micro.

I would never want to go back to those days, even though it was fun. Life is too good right now. Brimming with potential, like a flaccid penis faced with the greenlight.

Monkey Island SE worked fine for me with Vista and DX10.

Handy hint though. If you find that you can't select speech options with the mouse then go to the MISE file and right-click. In properties go to compatibility and select the option about ignoring visual themes.

Steam will warn you about it but select cancel and it works.

I'm off for some Grog.

I'm glad I'm not the only fan of LucasArts adventures.

Does anyone else fondly remember The Dig, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango or the Sam and Max games?

Full Throttle was brilliant, but far too short. I bought the boxset of the Monkey Island Games a few years back and completed them all - the humour is still there!

I haven't actually tried them yet! I had a raging headache so slept a fair bit of this afternoon, on and off. I'll have a play tomorrow if I don't go out.

TBH though it's Monkey Fricking Island. It's always worth it.

BTW, Guybrush once said that he was looking at the second biggest monkey head he'd ever seen. Not once did LA ever say what the biggest was. Genius.

That brings back some memories!

Some of these old adventures games were superb stories and dialogue.

I very nearly bought the Broken Sword series in Morrisons yesterday morning. The Revolution guys were great, Beneath a Steel Sky anyone?

Loved the first couple of Broken Sword games, wasn't such a fan of the 3-D graphics of the third, not played the fourth.

I've just been Googling it. It apparently installs from the exe rather than the autorun menu and mostly seems fine.

Yeah, tried that

Will try under Vista tonight. Have you tried launching the exe in Windows XP compatibility mode?

Yup

Monkey Island SE worked fine for me with Vista and DX10.

Handy hint though. If you find that you can't select speech options with the mouse then go to the MISE file and right-click. In properties go to compatibility and select the option about ignoring visual themes.

Steam will warn you about it but select cancel and it works.

I'm off for some Grog.

Which version of Vista?

I only tried it on my x86 version, I was going to try Vista64 but didn't get round to it. Others seem to suggest it works ok on 64.

Which version of Vista?

I only tried it on my x86 version, I was going to try Vista64 but didn't get round to it. Others seem to suggest it works ok on 64.

32-bit.

I've only had the mouse problem as described/solved above.

57% done and then it's on to Tales of Monkey Island.

• 1 year later...

I finished off the 5 parter MI5 (Tales of..) recently and it really brought back the memories. As good as the originals. :)

Needs a decent PC to run though - or you have to turn the graphics right down. Mind you, that didn't detract from the game IMO.

For those retro gamers amongst us :

http://store.steampowered.com/app/31170/

Monkey island complete pack on Steam for £3.49 instead of £24.99

All 5 chapters of the remake of Monkey Island

Just purchased, can't argue for £3.50 really.

Shame I brought the remade MI2 a while ago and now they've got 1+2 pack on steam cheap, I just want 1 on it's own but it's still £7