The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Monkey Island. Anyone remember it?

RedM

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely awesome. I remember it being about 20 floppy discs for the old Amiga 1200.

Brilliant story and humour though.

I see you can also get it as an Iphone app as well now...

That was monkey island 2, 13 disk's if i remember right lol.

I think the first one was 5?

Cracking game series. Had the 4th (i think it was the fourth, starts off on a ship and you need to fire the cannon) on my old PC for a while.

lol

"How appropriate, you fight like a cow"

Funny as I've just got the box set for all 4 games. Just completed the first one all from memory of when I was about 10 years old. Just starting on MI2 Lechuck's Revenge ;)

I remember back when I first had the games I couldn't play the third one because you needed a half decent graphics card. And I only had a poxy 386 to play it on lol.

Monkey Island was a classic : 'Re-elect Governor Marley. When there's only one candidate, there's only one choice...'

Cool. I liked Zak McCraken and the Alien Mindbenders too. I spent many an hour playing them and the old Sierra adventures like Space Quest, Kings Quest & Leisure Suit Larry on the ST.

Heheh, I've always remembered the start of Zak McKracken:

'Zak was in bed...

Alone...

Again...'

lol

"How appropriate, you fight like a cow"

Funny as I've just got the box set for all 4 games. Just completed the first one all from memory of when I was about 10 years old. Just starting on MI2 Lechuck's Revenge ;)

I remember back when I first had the games I couldn't play the third one because you needed a half decent graphics card. And I only had a poxy 386 to play it on lol.

Where did you get the box set from!?