The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Never buying Hotpoint again!

carl0s

The Hotpoint Washer/Dryer blew its main control PCB about a month ago, so I bought one from EMW Electronics and replaced it. Then a few days ago there was this almighty BANG and the circuit breaker for the electric sockets flipped.

Turned circuit breaker back, BANG a few seconds later. We discovered it was the washer/dryer.

We left it for half an hour and tried again and it's been fine up until about 20 minutes ago.

Internet forums are full of people with the same problems (both main PCB (F-09 i think), and the motor triac short - BANG - F-01 that we have now), on all ranges of Hotpoint washing machines. I sort of get the impression it's a bit like they're put together by Italian people.. nice people but not exactly what I'd consider 'heavy machinery' type reliability people.

So, anyone wanna buy a Hotpoint waser/dryer, model WD640G, the one with the LCD screen ? It's probably an easy fix for someone who knows how.

Gonna replace it with an LG one, 'cause it's got a large load capacity and it isn't a Hotpoint/Zanussi/whatever. I'd ideally like a Bosch but they don't go above 5kg load capacity and this Hotpoint has been too small anyway with its 5+5kg.

I am a plumber and i forever get callouts for these hotpoint washing machine, they are an absolute nightmare! Also with the price of the PCB'S its cheaper than buying a new washing machine but you dont know how long they are going to last.

Nice to have it confirmed that they are shite.

Only problem now is I can't find anywhere that takes PayPal who has the LG washer/dryer :(

I have about £600 sat in PayPal that I probably wouldn't miss, but I would certainly miss £600 out of my current account now that I've bought the LS2 engine/box.

The recent hotpoints are really rubbish.

We have currently got a Bosch and that has been great. We did get 10 years out of our previous hotpoint washer but that was built back in the late nineties when their washers were half decent.....!!

H.

i bought my first washin machine last august (2008) i went for a Haier because it matched the kitchen and had a nice colour drum also it had all the settings and more than i needed (according to the mom). i would love to say that its been an amazing washing machine but i cant as i havent even switched it on yet.:D

Also looking for a new washing maching, old one is a bit tired looking now :)

Anyone know much about Whirlpool's ?

Google says not so reliable. Call it brand power/brainwashing, but I reckon it'd have to be a Bosch for me. Only reason I'm chancing an LG is because Bosch's washer/dryer combos are all small-load (5kg) and we have three brats.

The Hotpoint Washer/Dryer blew its main control PCB about a month ago, so I bought one from EMW Electronics and replaced it. Then a few days ago there was this almighty BANG and the circuit breaker for the electric sockets flipped.

Turned circuit breaker back, BANG a few seconds later. We discovered it was the washer/dryer.

We left it for half an hour and tried again and it's been fine up until about 20 minutes ago.

Internet forums are full of people with the same problems (both main PCB (F-09 i think), and the motor triac short - BANG - F-01 that we have now), on all ranges of Hotpoint washing machines. I sort of get the impression it's a bit like they're put together by Italian people.. nice people but not exactly what I'd consider 'heavy machinery' type reliability people.

So, anyone wanna buy a Hotpoint waser/dryer, model WD640G, the one with the LCD screen ? It's probably an easy fix for someone who knows how.

Gonna replace it with an LG one, 'cause it's got a large load capacity and it isn't a Hotpoint/Zanussi/whatever. I'd ideally like a Bosch but they don't go above 5kg load capacity and this Hotpoint has been too small anyway with its 5+5kg.

Riveting read :)

but I would certainly miss £600 out of my current account now that I've bought the LS2 engine/box.

LS2 engine and box?

I bought the same combination last year - but it had a Corvette wrapped around it.

I can't afford a new washing machine either!

:(

LS2 engine and box?

Yeah, this one, for my RX7 project.

I bought the same combination last year - but it had a Corvette wrapped around it.

I keep looking at Corvettes and thinking it'd be nicer just to have one of those, but I reckon I'll be pleased with the LS2 engined RX7 when it's done.

I can't afford a new washing machine either!

:(

Ha! I used the credit card in the end ;)