The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Twin turbo 6 speed manual facelift

jawan

never said your over priced, could not afford what i offered, i thought you are selling for 13k not 8 or 9 and there is nothing wrong offering what someone can afford.

thanks

sorry am just saying you offered me 11k for it and if you get 9k for yours it makes mine a bargain or is yours overpriced ?

am not getting at you mate :tongue: ..

but if someone offers you 6k you will understand:(

Naughty naughty!

I don’t see the big difference if it is an NA-TT 6 speed from a true RZ 6 speed!

on the end of the day they share the same chassis, abs, airbags, big brakes, etc.. only thing missing is the stock TC, but i believe nobody cares about that!

i think the car shouldn’t be underrated just cause its "NA" the fundamental is there, tt engine big brakes and 6 sp gearbox!

nice car by the way!

good luck with the sale! ;)

It's just that - despite being set up the same - it is NOT originally an RZ. That's the important part. What it wasn't from the start.

I could take a standard VW Golf 1.4, upgrade the brakes, suspension, gearbox, change all the interior, change the bumpers and put in a GTi engine. It may be exactly the same, but I can't say it IS a GTi as it isn't. ;)

It saves confusion and any misleading issues. Yes it performs the same and features the same components as an RZ, but it still isn't one and shouldn't be marketed as such. :)

P.S. I know that technically it hasn't been marked on the advert as one, but one would assume that a 6 speed TT is going to be exactly that, considering it's not got UK spec bits ;))

P.P.S. I'm also aware that it can't be a UK given that it's facelift, it's just the point I'm trying to get across before people get picky :p

It's just that - despite being set up the same - it is NOT originally an RZ. That's the important part. What it wasn't from the start.

I could take a standard VW Golf 1.4, upgrade the brakes, suspension, gearbox, change all the interior, change the bumpers and put in a GTi engine. It may be exactly the same, but I can't say it IS a GTi as it isn't. ;)

It saves confusion and any misleading issues. Yes it performs the same and features the same components as an RZ, but it still isn't one and shouldn't be marketed as such. :)

P.S. I know that technically it hasn't been marked on the advert as one, but one would assume that a 6 speed TT is going to be exactly that, considering it's not got UK spec bits ;))

P.P.S. I'm also aware that it can't be a UK given that it's facelift, it's just the point I'm trying to get across before people get picky :p

you are right! but for me it doesn't matter!

it's just 1 letter! :p

you are right! but for me it doesn't matter!

it's just 1 letter! :p

I guess it's just to save your own back when it comes to insurance details being 100% correct so you can't get screwed somehow and to be correct and not falsely advertising etc. is all :)

I guess it's just to save your own back when it comes to insurance details being 100% correct so you can't get screwed somehow and to be correct and not falsely advertising etc. is all :)

well that is up to people to decide, my insurance know all my mods. i hope that all people do that to!

but you are right in your comments! but for me i wouldn't

pay 2+k more for an RZ having an SZ with same spec! ;)

well that is up to people to decide, my insurance know all my mods. i hope that all people do that to!

but you are right in your comments! but for me i wouldn't

pay 2+k more for an RZ having an SZ with same spec! ;)

Would it also not come over as possibly fraudulent and invalidate insurance if it wasn't seen to properly though is more what I wonder?

Don't get me wrong, I'm picking up an NA-TT (SZ with conversion) this weekend so I agree re purchase being worthwhile, but got to be going the correct way about it for insuring and such is all I mean :)

Whats the difference between an RZ and an SZ? I have an RZ.

A "T" in the engine code. Otherwise EXACTLY the same. :cool:

(I jest :p)

I don’t see the big difference if it is an NA-TT 6 speed from a true RZ 6 speed!

I can, without a doubt: every year at insurance renewal time. An NA-TT will be harder and/or more hassle to insure than a true TT, and the conversion is only as good as the guy who did it. Keron's got a very good reputation so there shouldn't be issues here, but I daresay others have been less fortunate by having a less skilled mechanic do it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.