The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MySpace, Facebook, Twitter - ?

SteveR

I like Facebook because it allows me to keep in touch with people who I wouldn't usually be able to, and it's a good way to chat quickly with people online.

A lot of my musical friends use MySpace to 'network' and promote bands etc. I guess that's its main use.

I don't get Twitter at all; but I've not used it so...

Woo-hoo someone that thinks the same as me. For a lot of people it seems they almost think they're a celebrity with their own page on a social networking site. That seems to be the point for a lot as far as I can see. Never had an interest in any of those sites.

It's like an internet ersion for normal folk of some of those trashy mags.

I like Facebook because it allows me to keep in touch with people who I wouldn't usually be able to...

Are there genuinely people in your life that you wouldn't be able to keep in touch with via normal :taped: -sorry- traditional means? Or... do you mean couldn't be bothered to call and actually speak to?

Depending on whether you're an avid poster or an avid reader, the whole genre strikes me as a way of being nosey about people you don't really care about, or as a way of showing off to people who don't actually care about what you're announcing. :search:

Are there genuinely people in your life that you wouldn't be able to keep in touch with via normal :taped: -sorry- traditional means? Or... do you mean couldn't be bothered to call and actually speak to?

Well yes, I don't have time to keep up with 10000000 car clubs via phone but on FB it's right there in front of me. Also, there are people who I care about enough to keep in touch with but not very often (old school friends etc) but FB takes the worrying out of that. I've found since I joined a few years back I've actually seen a lot more of some groups of friends as a direct result.

Depending on whether you're an avid poster or an avid reader, the whole genre strikes me as a way of being nosey about people you don't really care about, or as a way of showing off to people who don't actually care about what you're announcing. :search:

It's less about the 'announcing' for me as the social aspect. You can chat instantly online or via private messages, plus the advantage of being able to use it to advertise your latest venture.

I understand people's concerns and doubts, but in the right hands FB can be quite effective.

I have a Myspace, dont bother with it much.

I have a Facebook, not so sure its all that some folks think it is, but like Gaz says its good for certain things. I sometimes cringe at what folks write in the public domain though!

Twitter is the spawn of Satan, im on it but i cant really see the point!

I might be tempted to give it (any of the above) a go, if it weren't for the fact I can't help thinking it's just yet another thing to have to keep up with? Won't it eat my time not save it?

Twitter seems pointless. Looking at the site their own main selling point is your mum wants to know what you're up to. Feck that mine worries enough already! :D

Everyoen I know uses facebook, I personally have registered years ago with it but I just never seem to get time to use it (as I have more important things to do when online). I can understand that its a good way for one to keep in touch/create a network for family & friends.

Everyoen I know uses facebook, I personally have registered years ago with it but I just never seem to get time to use it (as I have more important things to do when online). I can understand that its a good way for one to keep in touch/create a network for family & friends.

Right so you registered years ago, never use it, but still manage to keep in touch with people, right? So what's it for???

i'm on all 3! sad I know. Twitter i only joined a couple of days ago, its crap, im not going to bother with it.

Facebook I was really into at the start, keeping everything updated and poking people. now im bored with that too, but i use it to check up on what people are doing and to play the odd 'Which Transformer are you' game, I wouldnt be too fussed it facebook disapeared.

I like Myspace, mostly because of the customisation of the pages and the music, but again i dont really keep up to date with it.

Anyone remember FaceParty and/or are still using it???

I don't get the point of any of them. Am I missing something and they have a genuine purpose??
? i dont get it:search: receptionist in work was so happy a guy she is seeing changed his status to in relationship! Her friends says she should do the same???????? back in the day you would know that yourself,that your in a relationship i mean:rolleyes:

im on facebook i dont use any of the others but facebook can be quite a good laugh sometimes i suppose it depends on how many people you know on there , showing off holiday snaps or pics of your kids and general mucking about its not serious just a bit of fun and helps keep in contact with people that you dont really want to phone or meet regulary

plus theres lots of lovely ladys on there half naked :eyebrows: or even naked that like you to keep in touch with them :cool:

There is so much more to Twitter than you see on the surface.

We've been slow in the UK to adopt it, but it has masses of potential - it's not really for chatting to your mates.

For instance, we recently setup a Midland Computers Twitter account to announce our PR stuff and put news/tips up #midlandcomp

Within two days we had 37 followers, other people in the trade, people looking for local area news like the local newspaper etc.

Plus you put your feed on your website and you've got an instantly updated section which Google will pick up and love as it's fresh content.

It's easy to edit from my iPhone, other staff members can do it too. There are also some great stats available when integrating things like bit.ly (shortens URLs).

If you read about some of the leaked internal business lit you can the major players are all looking at it. See here

I forgot to mention, it's other great feature is that you can search Tweets for a subject, and if you're a decent Twitterer you'll put tags into your tweets making them more searchable. These are based on instant content. That means you're not waiting for the behemoth that is Google to visit your site and search index the content or read an RSS feed.