The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turnin' Turbo Dashboard (Nostalgia)

michael

Great advertising, disappointing toy - too much maths and not enough fun. I think I still have mine somewhere, I have a trailer too but it's broken, probably delivered too many apples to thrilled family members :)

Pew pew pew! Turn 90 degrees, move forward, hit skirting, screw up rest of moves, get bored.

me too.

I remember my father stamped on the trailer in a rage a few hours into playing with mine as he was fed up explaining how long 12" was. Why couldn't they relaunch it as a metric version :search:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I had a Turnin Turbo Dashboard

My Kettle kart was red I believe

Jeez old games.... Spy Hunter was awesome (I still hum the music from time to time whilst driving :D ). Powerdrift, Outrun, Outrun Europa, Lotus Espirit Challenge.

A local arcade had an original Super Sprint arcade machine that still worked on the old 10p pieces which they supplied. Then it shut and I wished I made them an offer for that machine... even if it probably drew a horrendous amount of power.

The other car/vehicle related stuff I wish I kept from when I was a child was my Tonkas Toy collection... the new stuff in Toys R Us is just horrible plastic. I may actually have to see if I can get one built.

That and all my Micro Machines with their cases that folded out to form little roads. Awesome stuff.

When I have children I hope to be able to get them good old fashioned toys like that and have them use their imagination and energy, rather than growing up hooked to a games console (maybe hypocritical of me nowadays)

• 6 months later...

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/31043/bigtrak-makes-toy-comeback-june

Bigtrak, the lunar vehicle, is to make a comeback in 2010 thanks to the company that has previously brought us the Stylophone.

The new version, which will be dubbed the Bigtrak Jr, will be half the size of the original model you probably used to play as a child and once again allow you to spend hours programming in routes for it to follow out.

Bringing it back up to the 21st Century, the new model, unfortunately won't be able to be controlled by your mobile phone or a Wi-Fi connection, but will be able to finally store up to 32 preset programmes, something that wasn't possible on the original.

But rather than just a trailer that you can transport an apple in, the new moon vehicle will have two optional accessories - a digital camera and rocket launcher.

"We wanted to bring back some of the fun", the MD of the company behind the new launch told Pocket-lint. "This is just the starting point with the hope that if it's successful we will be bringing more accessories and versions out in the future."

The camera will allow you to take still shots that can then be uploaded into a computer. It will be available in the summer. The rocket launcher unfortunately won't be available until 2011. Both accessories will cost under £15.

Expect to be able to bore your kids silly for £29.99 when it comes out in the summer.

Now they just need to remake the Turnin Turbo Dashboard...

And yes I will be getting me one of these. Yes dear, it's for the new baby. Even if it is a girl.

• 4 months later...
Excellent!!!

"the new moon vehicle will have two optional accessories - a digital camera and rocket launcher."

Group buy anyone.

Just to bump an old thread :) I may pre-order one on payday

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/14398006/Big-Trak/Product.htmlprd:hotukdeals

Also found this website with a heck of a lot of old school toys on

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/