The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust

Yaz

I recently found the 1st cat on my j-spec supra n/a was clogged, so have had it removed. i am now looking for an exhaust back box. has anyone got a decent one for sale?

The cat was causing the car to over fuel and bad idle problems, as well as stalling, and black smoke out of exhaust, engine management light on. When the cat was removed, the car was running great and light went out. But about 15 minutes after driving, the car stalled and the engine light has come back on, with the same idle and stall problems, running rich. Could this be because the 2nd cat and exhaust system have also been clogged up?

any help would be appreciated...

I am in stechford, birmingham... a garage has tried checking the error codes, but apparently cannot do it due to the ecu light staying on constantly. however, when i previously checked using the paper clip method, it gave me a code relating to crankshaft or camshaft position sensor, however Toyota have confirmed that my car does not have either of the sensors so it can't be them. The garage says that the lamba sensor is ok. Have had a new battery, new spark plugs, new rotar. The garage is now saying that it could be the air flow meter, but does a j-spec supra n/a have one. Could it also be the idle speed control? This is really doing my head in now, any help would really be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Yeh, the ecu has been reset. since then, i discovered that it has two o2 sensors, so had them taken out and cleaned, put them in and reset the ecu, the light went out and car drove fine for 30 minutes, then light come back on and the same problem. Tried the paperclip method and the light doesn't flash and remains on. So not showing any codes, although there must be codes as the light is on. Previously, it was code 12 and code 21. could it be that the o2 sensors are totally messed, and could it be that the 2nd cat has been messed up too due to over fueling and 1st cat being clogged so badly? help! lol

Right, did the lemon trick with o2 sensors and use carb cleaner, didn't work, then have put in two other sensors ordered from keron, and still over fueling with engine management light on. I've had enough of this, might just go and burn the damn car! Before i do, would it be worthwhile for me to take remove the 2nd cat and exhaust system, and replace it with a high flow sports cat/ exhaust system? People help me