The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T67 0.68 A/R Hotside casting

RobSheffield

is it coated rob or plain cast? Is everything else completely beyond use?!

Plain cast mate

Can't the turbo be rebuilt with new bearings and a new turbine shaft & compressor wheel??

It could, but would cost approx as much as simply buying a new one. Looking to go DBB instead :)

YHPM i will take it pls, Ryan will pm you as you can probably now have my .81, after a few tickles on motorway i am finding it a bit Laggy!

Ok Stu

Could i grab the .81 of you and then Rob can i take the rest of the turbo as well. Ie everything bar the exhaust housing.

Ryan

• 4 weeks later...

Back up for grabs as this did not fit my T67?

Its seems The numbers stamped on the inside edge of the hotside casting relate to the variation of sizes we have. These numbers are cast into the surface that mates to the cartridge.

My correct one now supplied reads TH6865A

the 68 relates to the A/R and the 65 relating to turbine wheel size, my original one being TH8165A

the one now back up for sale reads TH6876A hence the difference in depth of the castings intrenally.

So if anyone has a laggy .81 and wants to try a .68 they will have to have the numbers stamped TH8176A.

Just looking to get what I paid.

Interesting info Stuart.

I'm picking up my 0.68 and 0.81 housings in the morning so will check the numbers. I know my 0.81 is correct but need to confirm the 0.68 is also correct. If my 0.68 is the wrong size I'll take this one off you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.