The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 09 - come on folks

Branners

lol. Take on the Mondeo at your peril, 168bhp of utter rubish!

Seriously folks, if you are new to this it really is an complete breeze and you don't need any more skill than you would need pulling away from a traffic light. Even then your times only count from when you actually move so the lights can be ignored altogether if you choose. If you aren't happy with the time then try and try again without any queue :)

The enviroment is very friendly and no one will be taking the mick, except if you launch it in reverse ;) It's just a bit a fun for all of us in the club to actually use our supra's in a very safe (and legal) enviroment.

So there is plenty of N/A 's that do it too??:D

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how much is it to run and or just watch ?

Cost:

* Spectator Entry: £5 per member, £10 per non-member, under 16s free, (traders - see below)

* Participant Entry:

o DRAG STRIP: £55 per member, £65 per non-member, (traders - see below)

o DRIFT AREA: £25 for members, £35 for non members, (traders - see below)

So there is plenty of N/A 's that do it too??:D

Yes. I had great fun running against TNT last year, N/A Auto vs N/A 5spd. :D

Sent links out to fill gaps to accelerated media team who organised fast & furious night @ ace cafe to put up to some supercars & Skyline auto BMC the guys with all the nice skylines that normally come to ace cafe meets with us to hopefully fill some gaps too. ;)

Just so sad it 's not supra only day but still could be if you all start adding names to the list & start signing up not long to go now for this great event

few question before we decide

1/ do we need a helmet to run legally (i know its an na so not for the speed lol>

2/ me and tony would like a run down the strip so would it be £55 each or £55 for the car and we can take it in turns ??

3/ and would the price be £55 for one car to run plus £5 entry for the passenger ?

1/ do we need a helmet to run legally (i know its an na so not for the speed lol>

2/ me and tony would like a run down the strip so would it be £55 each or £55 for the car and we can take it in turns ??

3/ and would the price be £55 for one car to run plus £5 entry for the passenger ?

Think it mentions that you only need a helmet if your terminal speed is over 110 mph.

Payment is per driver, not per car, so two member drivers, £110.00 (shame as both me and Soo run, but I can see the reasoning behind it).

One member running, £55.00, one member passenger, £5.00.

Hope this helps...

G

Ahem...

Full details are in the details thread. ;)

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q5: Is it ££ per car or or per driver?

A5: Per DRIVER: We are limited to 100 competitors and not cars.

You have to go through the Santa Pod signup procedure when you get there which means they will know how many have signed up.

I'll add these to the FAQ:

Helmet - not unless your terminal speed is going to be >110mph, and in an NA it just won't.

Spectators are non-participant places, i.e. they aren't taking part in any drift/drag activity. No passengers are allowed in runs up the strip, although Branners is checking if that is the same situation for the drift area.

we have a specific number of spaces for the event. If we charge per car then for each additional driver we lose £55 or more. With the event struggling to even make close to break even we have no choice.

Again we can put up the price and charge per car to try to break even but that penalises those that are not running two people in a car.

Yes its not very fair but sadly thats how we have to do it.

we have a specific number of spaces for the event. If we charge per car then for each additional driver we lose £55 or more. With the event struggling to even make close to break even we have no choice.

Again we can put up the price and charge per car to try to break even but that penalises those that are not running two people in a car.

Yes its not very fair but sadly thats how we have to do it.

how do you figure that then if you have 100 cars with single driver and lets say each car could do 50 runs then a car being shared ie me and trace would do 25 runs each,if we paid £55 each we would loose out on track time sharing the same car, so how is the club loosing out :p

:innocent:

Do we have to sign up or can we just show up on the day?

As JB mentions, it's 100 cars max, we were at around that last year and the queues were almost zero, couple of minutes wait at worse. It's not like the RWYB or the big events where they keep stopping it every hour or have 250+ cars running at any one session. Most of our guys spent a majority of the day parked up.

Come on folks get signed up, once the spaces are gone, they are gone. No pay on the day, nothing.

Do we have to sign up or can we just show up on the day?

It depends on what you want to sign up for - please follow the link in my sig, scroll down to post 3 and read the FAQ, Q3.

Getting bored of pointing people at the FAQ now. That's 4~5 times today alone. :rolleyes:

how do you figure that then if you have 100 cars with single driver and lets say each car could do 50 runs then a car being shared ie me and trace would do 25 runs each,if we paid £55 each we would loose out on track time sharing the same car, so how is the club loosing out :p

To be fair mate, from the club's perspective, 100 people could turn up and all drive the same car, thus paying only one lot of £55 and 99 lots of £5 for 'spectators'. I realize this is an extreme scenario, but I understand where Branners is coming from.

Maybe I wasnt clear enough.

Santa pod give us 100 driver spaces, not 100 car spaces. Every one of you that signs up takes a space.

We can base on it a per car basis, but then I will be charging around £85 per car to cover multiple drivers. So if we do that next year then it would be good if you can make yourself known to all the people who are 1 car/1 driver so you can give them their £30 each back... wink

Maybe I wasnt clear enough.

Santa pod give us 100 driver spaces, not 100 car spaces. Every one of you that signs up takes a space.

We can base on it a per car basis, but then I will be charging around £85 per car to cover multiple drivers. So if we do that next year then it would be good if you can make yourself known to all the people who are 1 car/1 driver so you can give them their £30 each back... wink

so could each driver bring multiple cars then ???

Would you need a helmet in a BPU car? I have no idea if the terminal speed will be over 110mph.

Probably not, but if you find you have a forte for drag racing (i.e. good start, quick shifts at the right time, whatever else defines a good run - I'm making this up!), it's possible.

also, what is the supradrome? Is it on the campsite that you can pay to stay on?

Click the link I keep posting. It's in my sig as well for ease of use.

Another question from the hsv lot, if it rains and gets called off do we get money back?

Hmmm... I know we've asked Sky to cover the eventuality of a total wash out, I think Branners has the latest news.

The FAQ still says:

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q2: What happens if it rains?

A2: The 'track drying machine' will be on standby to cover any showers, Sky Insurance have been contacted to see if they will provide rained-off-entirely cover. Updates when I get them...