The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Would you move to Tenerife?

nick_karkie

Has anyone seen the Danny Dyer film "The Business"?

Perhaps a sequel then... "The Fish & Chip Business"

I guess you know what you will be getting in to, even with this new 'best friend' boss of yours? :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could go into a lot of details, but it is best summed up by the fact the police had a football match every Sunday with the local drug dealers.

Everything from the Taxis to the best-placed restaurants are owned by a local 'mafia' who can make life very hard for incomers.

This was in Fuerteventura.

All the guys that are shady over there are Columbians and South American types. The locals cant stand south Americans for this reason, that and Morrocans as I think they have big problems with crime over there stemming from masses of west african imigrants.

The police get their extra pocket money by giving out bogus fines (multas) to foreigners. You can be as drunk as you like and drive home, if they catch you they will take you to the nearest cash point to withdraw about 600 euros in fines and then they will happily let you drive on home.

Sounds like a carbon copy of what goes on in Portugal. :(

As for the fish and chip shop, I guess it'll be heavily dependent on Brits on holiday will it? If so there might be some lean months ahead, but if you're prepared for that (e.g. got some money as a cushion) then I don't see why you shouldn't go for it. Just be realistic about how much trade you'll get until Brits feel the recession easing off.

The south coast of Spain, Andalucia, really is like a 3rd world country, the majority of Spanish that live there are badly educated, the local councils are all corrupt although that is gradually changing and the policia local are completely corrupt. They get their extra pocket money by giving out bogus fines (multas) to foreigners. You can be as drunk as you like and drive home, if they catch you they will take you to the nearest cash point to withdraw about 600 euros in fines and then they will happily let you drive on home.

We did not have any problem in Spain because we formed a good relationship with Vinny Samway's father and Wayne Lineker's family who used to eat regularly in the restaurant.

I wont have any problem in Tenerife because my boss's friend owns all the big supermarkets there and used to be a shady guy if you know what I mean. I guess I will have to join the local football match haha :)

how dare you call my country corrupt i hope you have proof to back up this claim.keep your fish and chips to the likes of skegness you racist :eyebrows:

oh hang on your right lol :innocent::innocent:

bloody hell...why the dilemna???? UK.....cold...wet....queues....New Labour.....repressed.....depressed......as opposed to Tenerife......sunny....sunny.....sunny....hmmm......can think of better places to go to be honest, hated tenerife, like blackpool in the sun? But then am skint so am sure i could batter a fish or two if needed!

how dare you call my country corrupt i hope you have proof to back up this claim.keep your fish and chips to the likes of skegness you racist

oh hang on your right lol

haha yes, lots of first hand experiences :), they have even started a new form of internal affairs to arrest all the dodgy police, they are making hundreds of arrests.

I dated a Paraguayan girl whose Spanish step father was head of police in Estepona, she offered to "get rid" of someone for me but I declined the offer haha