The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Would you move to Tenerife?

nick_karkie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"What's more important, opening a chippy in Tenerife, or giving me some lovely cash to buy one of my splendid cars?

Good day!" :innocent::D

On the one hand your experience and relative lack of commitments back in Blighty screams yes - On the other hand, a bloke who'll buy a business then systematically give you half of it, and in a recession? Interesting proposition.

No matter what you decide, the very best of luck to you sir :)

not bad lol but not correct:D

cuanto vas canar y mas importante como son las mujeros de tenrifie son guapas or feas ??

si dices que si , tu tienes que ir a este citio..

adios

hablas muy bien Jurgen, solo unos pocos errores :)

ne he experienciado las chicas de Tenerife por lo tanto no puedo decidir basado en ello :)

Pero es verdad que la mirada de las latinas me apetece muchisimo :) MORENAS.

On the other hand, a bloke who'll buy a business then systematically give you half of it, and in a recession? Interesting proposition.

Yes it is a very interesting proposition, I have seen his generosity already first hand after knowing him only a few months, he had never worked a hard days labour in his life until he started the chippy, so after a few months he just offered me a 50% profit share in the business so that he wouldnt lose me and so he could spend more time with his family. He even offered to buy me a range rover sport if I increase his take away business gross earnings to £10,000 per week. I often ask him why, he just says that he is not a greedy person and just wants a comfortable life with people he can trust around him.

more importantly do you still have the car, hows has it been and how many miles have you put on her

Hi Scott,

yes the car is great thanks, I have only put 10,000 miles on her in 2 years and that includes driving to spain and back so I guess I am averaging around 4,000 miles a year.

I may well just leave her to my father and take his car if I decide to leave, he has a spanish registered Yaris haha

hablas muy bien Jurgen, solo unos pocos errores :)

ne he experienciado las chicas de Tenerife por lo tanto no puedo decidir basado en ello :)

Pero es verdad que la mirada de las latinas me apetece muchisimo :) MORENAS.

Yes it is a very interesting proposition, I have seen his generosity already first hand after knowing him only a few months, he had never worked a hard days labour in his life until he started the chippy, so after a few months he just offered me a 50% profit share in the business so that he wouldnt lose me and so he could spend more time with his family. He even offered to buy me a range rover sport if I increase his take away business gross earnings to £10,000 per week. I often ask him why, he just says that he is not a greedy person and just wants a comfortable life with people he can trust around him.

wow your spanish is better than mine, lol ....

am 30 now i left south american when i was 10 so only speak it to my mam..

been speaking english since i was 8 so, english is now my native language..

but you impressed me lol

Hi Scott,

yes the car is great thanks, I have only put 10,000 miles on her in 2 years and that includes driving to spain and back so I guess I am averaging around 4,000 miles a year.

I may well just leave her to my father and take his car if I decide to leave, he has a spanish registered Yaris haha

thats good to know :) and if you feel you must downsize then the Yaris won't be horrendous.......just ponderous :)

Hi Daman,

I am very fortunate that my boss and his friend who has lived there for 20 years are very well connected, will be no issue at all. But I know exactly what you mean having seen it in the costa del sol, it was a nightmare.

In that case, you are one very lucky man to have such opportunity. If you feel the UK has F all left to offer you then go for it, and let me be the first to say, good luck :)

if you answer this then go for it..

cuanto vas canar y mas importante como son las mujeros de tenrifie son guapas or feas ??

si dices que si , tu tienes que ir a este citio..

adios

Tony says your spanish spelling is atrocious :p...... but all spanish women are nice apart from the ugly ones:p

I have to admit it got on my nerves a bit too, I rarely went to the beach or sunbathed to be honest, I dont know about the north pole though haha

I think that's a big factor. Plus, you really could be anywhere if you're going to be working a lot of the time in a shop that isn't necessarily local to the area. I don't think Tenerife has a lot to do with it. Definitely check out the place before you make a major decision.

Nick you gotta go for it mate, I remember us talking about the possibility of this when we last went out. Sounds like a fantastic opportunity and a very good investment for you and future girlfriend/wife if your boss is going to offer you a 50% share in the business. With your experience and family’s experience in the industry, im sure its not going to take you long to get something successful setup over there and whip everyone into shape and doing things properly.

Just make sure you let me know when your off mate....I think we need another night in mayhem with wade before you go ha ha

Ps sorry ive not been in touch about the car mate, ive been soooo busy these last few weeks and had swine flu too which made things even worse :( I will give you a call at some point

I would say go for it.. but Tenerife isn't a bit like Spain.. it's an odd mish mash of a lot of cultures. I didn't find it amazingly stunning in terms of scenario... but obviously sun all year round is quite attractive :)

Jeeze man, DO IT! why is this even a decision for you? :D

Whats all this about corruption in Spain?

A lot of you guys make it sound like its some kind of 3rd world state or something....

I feel really naive not knowing that this is an issue in Spain! :)

I could go into a lot of details, but it is best summed up by the fact the police had a football match every Sunday with the local drug dealers.

Everything from the Taxis to the best-placed restaurants are owned by a local 'mafia' who can make life very hard for incomers.

This was in Fuerteventura.

Whats all this about corruption in Spain?

A lot of you guys make it sound like its some kind of 3rd world state or something....

I feel really naive not knowing that this is an issue in Spain!

The south coast of Spain, Andalucia, really is like a 3rd world country, the majority of Spanish that live there are badly educated, the local councils are all corrupt although that is gradually changing and the policia local are completely corrupt. They get their extra pocket money by giving out bogus fines (multas) to foreigners. You can be as drunk as you like and drive home, if they catch you they will take you to the nearest cash point to withdraw about 600 euros in fines and then they will happily let you drive on home.

We did not have any problem in Spain because we formed a good relationship with Vinny Samway's father and Wayne Lineker's family who used to eat regularly in the restaurant.

I wont have any problem in Tenerife because my boss's friend owns all the big supermarkets there and used to be a shady guy if you know what I mean. I guess I will have to join the local football match haha :)