The mkiv Supra Owners Club

any way of getting out of my phone contract?

D8MOA

Paying up is the easiest way to do things, but If you want to be rather devious and try not paying then what you can do is, change the address you have on Orange's system (i.e. parents or relatives) then call up and say at your "new" address you get no reception and you work from home. Then, say because you can't use it you would like it to be cancelled. Just be firm and insist you get absolutely no reception.

Usually works when we 'advise' some customers to take that approach as you shouldn't pay for a service you cannot use

but, it's up to you. I work for 3 so it's a bit of 'inside information'

That's because you can't actually get reception on 3! :D

I had a 3 phone and when i phoned up "legitamately" from my house phone to complain about the reception, they did a post code search and told me my reception should be good. At this point my phone was displaying emergency calls only!

my mate told 3 that he was being sent out by the army. so they said they would suspend his contract for 6 months. you still have to pay for the full contract, but you get to delay things for a while. so you could get the iphone, and after the 6 months are up, reduce the tariff on that and continue wth your orange contract too.

well i had T-Mobile before i went to 02 and had 8 months left on my contract, wel story goes i had a problem with 1 of my bill's so called them up to sort it out and they wasent having any of it so i started to swear at them, next thing i new my contract had been cancelled by T-Moible for breaching there terms and conditions and i had nothing else to pay, so call them up and call them all a bunch of $£%^$%$^&$$&$^$^$ then say ^%^%£^^%^£^£"£"^$££"£ and if that dont work call them this ^$%$%&&**^&££$"$""%^&^$ lol.

As far as I know the only way to get out of your contract is to pay the remaining term.

I'm with orange at the moment and I can only reduce my contract after 9 months and then you can only reduce it by one level... e.g if your contract is £40 per month then you can only reduce it to £35.

still got 12 months of my 18 month contract to go, ive been with orange for over 5 years and fancy a iphone atm, but can i get out of my orange contract?

the iphone was around 6 months ago - you should have jumped when you had the chance!

- or you could buy an unlocked iphone, i hear such things exist.

That's not true, if you put a coat hanger in your mouth, stand on one leg and point to the sky you may get 1 bar :p

:rlol:

well i had T-Mobile before i went to 02 and had 8 months left on my contract, wel story goes i had a problem with 1 of my bill's so called them up to sort it out and they wasent having any of it so i started to swear at them, next thing i new my contract had been cancelled by T-Moible for breaching there terms and conditions and i had nothing else to pay, so call them up and call them all a bunch of $£%^$%$^&$$&$^$^$ then say ^%^%£^^%^£^£"£"^$££"£ and if that dont work call them this ^$%$%&&**^&££$"$""%^&^$ lol.

:rlol: :rlol:

• 4 weeks later...
but If you want to be rather devious and try not paying then what you can do is, change the address you have on Orange's system (i.e. parents or relatives) then call up and say at your "new" address you get no reception and you work from home. Then, say because you can't use it you would like it to be cancelled. Just be firm and insist you get absolutely no reception.

Usually works when we 'advise' some customers to take that approach as you shouldn't pay for a service you cannot use

ive tried this, but i just keep getting dofferent people telling me different things! they all told me that i have excellent coverage in my area. my last call ended with the advisor trying to put me through to the technical support department, he then told me she couldnt becuse even they were having technical issues! :D