The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What have YOU done today?

heckler

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the shopping with the boy, bought him some soft balls for his den, played with him in the garden, made lunch for the wife and took them all out to the woods for a walk. No banging cos she only had our second baby last week. I'll have nuts like Cliff Richard's if I don't get some action soon.

Fag, tea, pee, paper, tea, fag, shower, weetabix, poo, film, clay shooting with my son, tea, fag, pee, washed the car, tea, pee, pie, poo, played with the cat, fixed a camera lense, mead...

A fantastic day by all accounts, Ewen.

I'm particularly interested in the mead though. Is it really mead or are we talking beer here?

A fantastic day by all accounts, Ewen.

I'm particularly interested in the mead though. Is it really mead or are we talking beer here?

No, actual mead. I was brought up on the stuff (Holy Island) which led to my affair with Drambuie in a round about way.

I dallied with cider over the years, in between my love of real ales, but recently discovered mead again.

We stayed over the Isle of Wight last weekend and came back with a load of stuff including mead and some great preserves and cider, from this gorgeous shop...

http://www.godshillisleofwight.co.uk/isle-of-wight-cider/home.php

They do mail-order too by the way.

No, actual mead. I was brought up on the stuff (Holy Island) which led to my affair with Drambuie in a round about way.

I dallied with cider over the years, in between my love of real ales, but recently discovered mead again.

We stayed over the Isle of Wight last weekend and came back with a load of stuff including mead and some great preserves and cider, from this gorgeous shop...

http://www.godshillisleofwight.co.uk/isle-of-wight-cider/home.php

They do mail-order too by the way.

Interesting stuff Ewen.

I too have been drinking more ales and beers recently but on a trip to the Isle of Mull last year rediscovered a Honey Mead produced by a winery up near Inverness that I totally love. It's amazing stuff btw :)

http://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/product.asp?pf_id=0010000003604

On the cider, you've actually reminded me of an apple brandy produced by a winery I visited in Jersey (channel islands, not US).

Interesting stuff Ewen.

I too have been drinking more ales and beers recently but on a trip to the Isle of Mull last year rediscovered a Honey Mead produced by a winery up near Inverness that I totally love. It's amazing stuff btw :)

http://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/product.asp?pf_id=0010000003604

On the cider, you've actually reminded me of an apple brandy produced by a winery I visited in Jersey (channel islands, not US).

:)Thanks for the link Ian...they even have the stuff of my childhood on Holy Island...

http://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/product.asp?cat_id=OTHR&pf_id=0010000003659&cid=VSQVSQKPIFJA8W50YNVTIZNXGWEUWP6D

I've still got an unopened bottle of Lindisfarne Liqueur circa 1967 (my dad designed the label)...much stronger stuff than the mead, and I wasn't allowed any as a kid. Based on whisky and honey.

I've still got an unopened bottle of Lindisfarne Liqueur circa 1967 (my dad designed the label)...much stronger stuff than the mead, and I wasn't allowed any as a kid. Based on whisky and honey.

How cool is that?!

Bet it's awesome stuff too. Kinda like a ready made hot toddy :D

How cool is that?!

Bet it's awesome stuff too. Kinda like a ready made hot toddy :D

It tasted quite like Drambuie, but hasn't been made for years which is a shame.

We used to have hot toddy's every time we got a snuffle or cough, used to really look forward to getting ill.

Oh, and a spoonful of Virol every night which was delicious but again, no longer made.

Cool.

I taught yoga, (was a very chilled class), did an early gym shift.

Came home, did some weeding, fixed the pond lights and waterfall (after finding how to turn it on).

Cooked dinner, fell asleep, practice tommorows body combat class, bought a new watch.

But it's what I didn't do that is the best of all.

Went to the Aquadrome in Rickmansworth with my boys and Hannah. Lil Louis test drove his baby seat in the back of the Supe.

Then I performed a citizen's arrest on a man having some kind of power wank - against a wall IIRC, before going round my folks for a cup of tea and connecting a 4pin/usb cable for my dad's minicam & PC, however I'd brought along a 6pin/usb instead - balls. Ordered one from HK, £0.99 shipped :D