The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Global warming report hushed up...

Guigsy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some weird reason, I can't see Carl_S's post, but I have a feeling it's not going to add much to the debate so I will leave it this way.

Is this the only factor in the cause and effect type of analysis?

Is there not one other factor that has influenced climate and how certain can we (you) be about that?

The amounts of methane that are measured from cows (beltching, not farting btw) agree with estimates when scaled up to the world measurements.

The amounts of CO2 measured are far beyond what anything 'natural' on this earth can emit (short of all volcanoes erupting... which they are not). CO2 needs to be emitted from somewhere to have an effect. It's coming from incomplete combustion. Fossil fuels. Nothing natural has produced that much. It's just a plain, simple fact that nobody can argue:

We are producing more CO2 than we were 500 years ago. There are less]sinks of CO2 than there were 500 years ago (forests etc). It's just simple maths as far as our input goes.

As to what the overall effects of the increased CO2 levels and temperatures will be... that is what I study, so I will let you know :thumbs:

It doesn't just disappear. 500 years ago, levels were lower because it was before we started using energy in this manner.

It's not so much pissing in the sea, as pissing in a pool... day, after day, after day.

Real scientists only have one agenda. To better understand. That's why there's a Large Hardon Collider. That's why the International Space Station exists. That's why I do what I do.

Eh??????

You collide your hardon with whatever you like, just don't involve me!

;)

The amounts of CO2 measured are far beyond what anything 'natural' on this earth can emit (short of all volcanoes erupting... which they are not). CO2 needs to be emitted from somewhere to have an effect. It's coming from incomplete combustion. Fossil fuels. Nothing natural has produced that much. It's just a plain, simple fact that nobody can argue:

Out of interest what are the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere at present?

Why can't we just adapt to the warming instead of trying to control the weather and climate?

I'm sure there are many benefits of a warmer planet. If the MMGW effects are to be simply accepted as fact then warmer winters would be a benefit, meaning less need for heating which would be cheaper on the pocket.

More rain meaning less chance of drought in the summer time.

Those are just two and only looking from a UK perspective.

Rising sea levels and more water in the air would supply water to some drought ridden areas in the 3rd world...... I did read that somewhere but lost the internet link.

More CO2 content in the atmoisphere is great for plant life, and crops. To feed a 10+ billion population planet in the future then I would say a richer CO2 atmosphere would be needed to ensure crops are grown more quickly and efficiently.

Greenland may return to being green and it would open up huge areas for land use and crop growing (same applies for northern russian continent).

We may (but highly fooking unlikely) see car insurance premiums lower due to less ice and snow related winter accidents.

Anyone like to add more to give 'balance' ?

i couldnt be arsed to read this thread but felt the need to say that it's a big scam to make us pay more taxes etc. usual government bullshit to control the population, scare mongering etc etc..

cars etc could be run on other sources, but governments buy the technology to keep it hushed because they make so much money on oil etc etc im boring myself now and could rant about conspiracies for hours so i'll nip it in the bud now..

GROW MORE HEMP !!!

i couldnt be arsed to read this thread but felt the need to say that it's a big scam to make us pay more taxes etc. usual government bull$#@! to control the population, scare mongering etc etc..

cars etc could be run on other sources, but governments buy the technology to keep it hushed because they make so much money on oil etc etc im boring myself now and could rant about conspiracies for hours so i'll nip it in the bud now..

GROW MORE HEMP !!!

Where are the facts to back up your claims?