The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BMW e39 or e46...

JamesF

Another BMW lover here :D

The e46 330ci sport is a lot smoother on the acceleration but not quite so quick as an N/A Supra (not that much in it though) the e39 530d sport is a truly brilliant car, my dad used to have one and it was a really smart piece of kit. Before the e46 I had an e36 328 coupe with all the m-tec trimmings and I really can't get over how good that was if I were to have another BMW it would be (without doubt) an e36 M3 Evo, the best of the best if you ask me.

Brilliant advice, cheers guys. Im leaning towards a 530d Sport I reckon. The torque is appealing and although Im not keen on diesels, I cant find a bad word to be said about the 530d's. Even though I didnt want a diesel, Ill tell myself its a petrol doing 22mpg and pretend Ive had a payrise :D

That said, if a 330 sport came up in Imola red (theres an Imola red M5 down the road from me and its almost the nicest thing Ive ever seen) I could be persuaded to change aim.

Id be looking at high milers similar to the pistonheads link above. My budget is no more than £5000. Only 24, ideas about my station!! :D

I drove a 320 cdi CLS merc over the weekend, well it was the 1st diesel i've driven and been impressed by, Ive owned a 5 series before and i loved it, if the 530d is in similar ball park to the cls enginewise i would say its great car.

Brilliant advice, cheers guys. Im leaning towards a 530d Sport I reckon. The torque is appealing and although Im not keen on diesels, I cant find a bad word to be said about the 530d's. Even though I didnt want a diesel, Ill tell myself its a petrol doing 22mpg and pretend Ive had a payrise :D

That said, if a 330 sport came up in Imola red (theres an Imola red M5 down the road from me and its almost the nicest thing Ive ever seen) I could be persuaded to change aim.

Id be looking at high milers similar to the pistonheads link above. My budget is no more than £5000. Only 24, ideas about my station!! :D

Mmmm, love them in Imola Red, has to be one of the best colours (330 and 530)