The mkiv Supra Owners Club

who will you be voting for?

Whitesupraboy2

I'd like a challenge.

Instead of all the government bashing.. which is the easy bit for any party thats in power... how about someone actually listing the GOOD things that the opposition choice gives us in the election... (ignoring vote grabbing gimics for the simple minded like speed camera reduction and speed limits at 80mph.)

I'd like a challenge.

Instead of all the government bashing.. which is the easy bit for any party thats in power... how about someone actually listing the GOOD things that the opposition choice gives us in the election... (ignoring vote grabbing gimics for the simple minded like speed camera reduction and speed limits at 80mph.)

That's a very good point.

A buyer at work once told me that he never trusted any supplier who could only promote his product by slagging off his rivals, rather than stating his own good points. Something I happen to believe in. The same with politics. Dont slate the opposition, tell us what you will do to put things right! :)

...and I'm not saying who I'm voting for. :p

I want;

One lane for super cars where all other cars are banned.

No rain on my days off.

Wet Tee shirts to be compulsory for size 8 to 14

Happy hour all day on my days off.

A police force that tries to catch the barstards that broke into my house insted of harrassing me on the road.

But as the is no "Selfish Egocentic Barstad Party"

None of the above.

My dear old gran did say something about politics and religion when I was younger, tried them both but neither did it for me.

The trouble with the constituency I live in is that is has a massive Conservative majority. It's crammed full of "say no to the Euro" retired types. So it really doesn't make any difference who I vote for, the Tory candidate will win for sure. I still vote as I think everyone should, but for national elections you do wonder if there isn't a better system that could be used.

Yeah same here Simon. Proportional representation is the only other system that could be used.... the only problems with that is you get lots of teaming up with the smaller parties that can slow the progress of politics. Its a totally fair system though.

I can't think of any reason why Labour shouldn't remain in government!

I can't think of many reasons why they should, apart from the fact that, presently, there isn't really a viable alternative.

Reasons why they need their arses kicking out include:

Iraq war (and generally being up Bush's arse)

Generally pandering to immigrants/refugees who want to come into the country and get on the benefits scheme. In fact anyone, native or immigrant, (able bodied, of course) who want to sit on their backside and get money without working (those who want to work, like the rest of us, should be encouraged)

Farcical "ban" ha ha, on fox hunting

Doing their level best to force people to use public transport, while they are chauffered around in limousines

Making a big fuss about banning cannabis for the public's health, yet doing nothing about tobacco, which is one of the leading contributary causes of death in society (Surely it couldn't be that they get billions of pounds in duty from tobbaco, but none from other drugs :( ) (And before you all jump to conclusions, I don't use drugs and don't smoke, :) )

Massive increase in speed cameras, used as a revenue gatherer, rather than a safety measure.

Refusal to lower the ridiculous 88% duty on petrol

Loads of other things that I can't be arsed to list

but, as Merckx says;

Don't think the Conservatives would do any better! :limp:

Yeah, I agree with that. As far as I'm concerned all politicians are sleezy slimeballs, who'll say anything to get your vote, and then do whatever they want once they're in power.

I'll be voting tactically.... it'll be conservative for me.

Main reason is that I want this current government out of power.... they have turned this country into shyte in my opinion. All the pointless paper jobs they have created which is coming out of public money.... all the manufacturing jobs that have been lost over the recent years..... their anti-motorist policies are the biggest reason though.

Also their lack of toughness on crime, their lack of action against all these illegal immagrants, the amount of corruption installed in this government etc.

On that last point about corruption... I was digusted that they have taken away the right for our armed forces personel to vote !! And all this postal voting which they are currently rigging up... its shocking, and they realise that the courts have very little power to do anything.

But it comes back to the anti-motorist attitude again for me... when the fuel protests were on I thought that the government was shockingly arrogant and immature in the way they tried to make out the HGV drivers who were standing up for the benefit of the average motorist were made out to be crimanalistic in what they were doing.

I watched the news everyday when that was happening and the way they made up stories about how HGV drivers were threatening people showed how they spin up reports and try to turn the public against any group of people.

And then there is the fuel tax.... another item which they ignore the public on. The amount of wasted money which the government chucks away in mis-spending and other silly enterprises (dome, scottish parliment house, etc. etc.) ... then I'm sure they can find a way of lowering fuel tax by a huge anmount. And I don't believe for one minute that this money is required for their spending plans on schools, NHS and other public friendly agendas. Its just an easy way of hiking up taxes because they know that most people need cars to live their lives.

Blimey.... sorry for the long post. You know who to vote for ;-)

I cant understand how you can 'trust' the Torys after their last session in gov.. even now their MP's are still being done for corruption and scheming. To me they are currently a party who would sell their own mothers to get back into Government.

They have no coherent policy strategy, their figures dont add up and they're trying to fool the electorate into voting for them. (and seeing how a lot of voters are complete idiots no doubt they will get some votes from it)

Labour has pissed me off with regard to the Iraq war and this dossier of inteliigence... I was a firm supporter of their stance and for the war, but the whole ordeal has left me asking questions. I still believe liberating the country was a good outcome... but thats NOT why we went in there for.

I still feel (and so does industry) that they're best to look after the economy and jobs. Yes manufacturing as declined, but it has been doing so for years. We are a 'service' economy not and there is NO way in a capitalist marketplace that you are going to be able to compete with other countries in terms of making stuff for the same price.

This is happening all over the developed world, its nothing specific to this country.

A buyer at work once told me that he never trusted any supplier who could only promote his product by slagging off his rivals, rather than stating his own good points.

Have you noticed the political billboards? It's all exactly that. I hate it. Not one of them says why they would be better, it's just "hey, Labour have been a bit shit here and here and on that as well" and even worse, Labour respond with "ah, but 15 years ago Tories did this, ooh, bad people". Boggle. 15 years ago. Completely different set of people, different economy, different world.

-Ian

I cant understand how you can 'trust' the Torys after their last session in gov.. even now their MP's are still being done for corruption and scheming. To me they are currently a party who would sell their own mothers to get back into Government

so bobbeh are you saying that labour don,t have any corrupt MP,s/councilers in there party ?

I'll be voting tactically.... it'll be conservative for me.

Main reason is that I want this current government out of power.... they have turned this country into shyte in my opinion..... all the manufacturing jobs that have been lost over the recent years..... their anti-motorist policies are the biggest reason though.

... I was digusted that they have taken away the right for our armed forces personel to vote !!

You know who to vote for ;-)

Manufacturing jobs have been on the decline for years, nothing to do with Labour. We cannot compete with cheap overseas labour. The only way would have been to subsidise manufacturing which you cannot keep doing.

Something had to be done to encourage motorists not to use their cars, but there isn't any alternative in my opinion. Public transport hasn't improved!

I never knew that they took the right away for our armed forces personel to vote, can't understand that .

I don't think it matters who's in power they'll never please everyone.

'Our Tony' keeps banging on about 'lowest interest rates for years, lowest unemployment for years, highest standard of living ever, everyone has more disposable income' etc. etc.

But if our economy is in such great shape, how come the government is having to borrow more than ever?? Are we being conned?

The negative campaigning pi$$es me off too. Especially the '15 years ago' stuff.

In the early '90's we were in the middle of a WORLD recession. It wasn't just the UK that was getting things bad. When 1997 came around, things were on the up in most of the western world. Labour inherited a Rolls Royce economy and would have had to be pretty inept to screw it up. So things have seemed fairly good for a few years now. But what will happen when things get tough? I'm not sure that the conservatives will handle it much better to be honest, but I have lost soooooo much faith in this government I just can't bring myself to vote for them.

Even on a personal level, the Blairs don't get my trust. Remember Cherie (ugh!!) and the incident with the Australian businessman/conman? She denied all knowledge until someone actually obtained irrefutible proof that she knew what was going on and placed it in the public domain. Suddenly she was on TV, tears and all, saying that she had lied to try and protect her family etc. etc. It seems that they will lie through their teeth right up until the point that PROOF shows them up. I'll bet Cherie (ugh) tells all her clients to say 'No Comment'!

And as for pandering to Sinn Fein/IRA, well don't get me started on that one!!!