The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this clutch slip?

Glosphil

I think my clutch is slipping, but just thought I'd check with you guys.

I've tried pulling off with the hand brake engaged and no rev climb. I've tried a high gear and revving and no rev climb... until i reach full boost.

When I'm driving in higher gears, when I come on boost the rev shoots up 1 about 1-2k then dropped back down and pulls away.

I presume its clutch slip, its been doing it 2 weeks now, how long is it likely to last? what will happen when it goes?

Any recommendations for a replacement for BPU? and where to get fitted in notts area?

Thanks guys

Sound like it could be.

It might just need adjusting: how high/low through the pedal travel is your biting point?

Whatever you do though STOP driving in such a manner to induce this slipping, because whether its on its way out or not, you WILL kill the clutch very quickly if you carry on, at which poiint you'll have no drive and will be stranded. Don't ever drive with the handbrake on either!