The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Arthritic treatments - advice?

Sheefa

PS: Can a mod change the title for me please! Very poor typing.

Hi all

Still battling through the usual docs etc to try and get a diagnosis for my chronic nodywide joint pain. Been going on for over a year now.

Does anyone here suffer from Arthritis, either RA or the usual Osteo, or sero-negative? I'm after new treatment options that may help. So far all tests show no signs of joint damage or inflammation, in fact I'm healthy as can be when I'm not!

So far I have tried:

ALL the NSAIDs pretty much right through to Indocin and Diclofenac.

Pregabalin and Gabapentin.

Morphine and MDST tablets

Usual herbals remedies like HA, Glucosomine, Chrondrotin etc

All kinds of regular painkillers from Paracetamol to Codeine.

Massage, accupuncture etc.

Stubborn isn't the word! Would be interested to know what has worked for those suffering, need to try everything possible.

Thanks

Christ, sorry to hear this Greg. Just a thought, but my old man had something very similar and was in agony for a while - he eventually pinned it on Lyme's disease. The doctors were very skeptical and many wouldn't believe him, but he found one that did and treated him for it. After 18 months of agony, he's nearly back to 100% now.

Did the morphine tablets not work at all and have you been on glucocorticoids? Have they checked for Lupus? Although there's ususally other signs, lupus can present as joint pain only in which case there may be more treatment options including aziathioprine (a non-steroidal immunosuppresant).

Hi bud

Sorry to hear you are still struggling, just a thought though, wouldn't some sort of AAS such as Deca help for your joints?

Maybe not a route you wish to go down, but I used to have real painfull knees and since I've been taking it I had forgotten all about it.

Like I said though.....just a thought.

Thanks for the replies all. Morphine did absolutely nothing for me. It's real inner joint pain like it burns inside the bone itself.

I have thought about trying anti-depressents as they can help nerve endings etc.

Bob - don't think it's Lupus but what do I know. Been through such an extensive array of tests and cost over £12,500 so far. Feeling very fed up at the moment.

Title changed, sorry for not spotting it earlier.

As a former Gout sufferer the pain sounds quite similar, but seems more localised than that.

I'm sure it's been done, but have you had a blood test for uric acid levels?

Also, what strength NSAID's did they put you on? There are quite a few out there varying from mild to very high. Low level ones never did anything for me, but the mid level ones were like magic.

As you probably know, gout is the most painful type of arthritis so I can very much sympathise with the pain you must be going through. Last time I had an attack of it I lost 1 stone in 5 days :blink:

Title changed, sorry for not spotting it earlier.

As a former Gout sufferer the pain sounds quite similar, but seems more localised than that.

I'm sure it's been done, but have you had a blood test for uric acid levels?

Also, what strength NSAID's did they put you on? There are quite a few out there varying from mild to very high. Low level ones never did anything for me, but the mid level ones were like magic.

As you probably know, gout is the most painful type of arthritis so I can very much sympathise with the pain you must be going through. Last time I had an attack of it I lost 1 stone in 5 days :blink:

Ouch Daryl that sounds damn painful. I am on Indocid at the moment which ius a pretty potent NSAID. Only been on it a few weeks but no change yet. Pain is unbearable, it really is unbelievable. The most frustrating thing is that it is constant, not a second actually goes by when I'm not in pain. Bloody hard to

live with and it's having a detrimental effect on my relationship, home and work life..........social life is out the window at present.

I have had the blood tests mate and all have come back completely negative. No rise in any markers, signs of inflammation or gout. It's a deep joint pain but they are also very stiff and click/crack constantly.

• 2 months later...