The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Michael Jackson Rushed to Los Angeles Hospital for Cardiac Arrest

Guigsy

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you'll have a joke about the kid who was killed by the babysitter to "lighten" up the place

Not heard that one yet, how's it go?

Anyway, 'posh bird' will be along soon to close this one too.

Dunno mate, it's just when you talk about hypothetical situations where you are saying like if your mum died, and / or your girl got killed then how would you feel, sounds like an area that could be really upsetting to think about, but like I say I'm sure RedM could defend himself if he felt the need.

You said, and keep saying that seeing these guys die infront of you didn't make you distraught. Now I have never seen anyone die in front of me, and I would not wish it, but I got a feeling that I would be at least a little upset, and most probably really distraught.

I might even cry about it. I guess that makes me less of a man.

I'm a little suprised that it didnt affect you more, but like you say it takes a lot to upset you. Must be a pretty hard guy in that respect.

Ive only just read thread as im not a fan, i considered him a very talented

fruit loop. I didnt wish him dead however as i deemed the paedo

claims in all probability purely fictitious, lots of money to be made claiming said peter pan was a child molester. and being the fruit loop

he was living in his own dimension left himself wide open to claims of this, anyways that's just my thoughts on it. Fish n chips time :)

Dunno mate, it's just when you talk about hypothetical situations where you are saying like if your mum died, and / or your girl got killed then how would you feel, sounds like an area that could be really upsetting to think about, but like I say I'm sure RedM could defend himself if he felt the need.

You said, and keep saying that seeing these guys die infront of you didn't make you distraught. Now I have never seen anyone die in front of me, and I would not wish it, but I got a feeling that I would be at least a little upset, and most probably really distraught.

I'm a little suprised that it didnt affect you more, but like you say it takes a lot to upset you. Must be a pretty hard guy in that respect.

i was thinking this aswell. i know id be a bit more upset seeing someone die than i would hearing a michael jackson joke.

Yeah that's the point - it seems like it's different if it's someone you know but ok to have a field day if you don't know them. Whatever happened to common human decency? Respecting others etc.

The way i see it is the dead person won't know any different because they're dead, it's the effect on the families, that's why i hate the lack of respect with joking about death. The mate who died was during football and I had to tell his parents and girlfriend. When she came running into the hospital and saw his corpse she collapsed and was shaking and was heartbreaking to watch. So the idea of people finding some humour in that makes me sick to be honest. When i say it doesn't affect me much, the actual sight of someone dying doesn't bother me in terms of haunting me (few of the other lads on the team had nightmares from it), i didn't mean that i didn't find it tragic.

Yeah that's the point - it seems like it's different if it's someone you know but ok to have a field day if you don't know them. Whatever happened to common human decency? Respecting others etc.

The way i see it is the dead person won't know any different because they're dead, it's the effect on the families, that's why i hate the lack of respect with joking about death. The mate who died was during football and I had to tell his parents and girlfriend. When she came running into the hospital and saw his corpse she collapsed and was shaking and was heartbreaking to watch. So the idea of people finding some humour in that makes me sick to be honest. When i say it doesn't affect me much, the actual sight of someone dying doesn't bother me in terms of haunting me (few of the other lads on the team had nightmares from it), i didn't mean that i didn't find it tragic.

Agreed!

i was thinking this aswell. i know id be a bit more upset seeing someone die than i would hearing a michael jackson joke.

i'll try and simplify it for you. I am not upset by the jokes, i just think they're sad and disrespectful especially to his family, they're the ones in pain at the minute (did you see Jermaine on the tele giving his statement?). I just think it's in very bad taste that people like you find humour in joking about his death...although from some of your other posts I wasn't surprised you posted jokes about it

i'll try and simplify it for you. I am not upset by the jokes, i just think they're sad and disrespectful especially to his family, they're the ones in pain at the minute (did you see Jermaine on the tele giving his statement?). I just think it's in very bad taste that people like you find humour in joking about his death...although from some of your other posts I wasn't surprised you posted jokes about it

i find humour in most things. thats just the way i am.:)

Yeah I hear you Kopite. I got no response to that.

Just want to stress though that humour, laughing, and pain can be very interconnected.

Sometimes it's how we humans deal with stuff we don't understand, or find painful. Not the only way, just just a way that some of us use, and it shouldn't make us bad people, although it can appear very disrespectful or against common decency, but the desire to laugh is far more primitive I feel. I may be wrong.

Yeah I hear you Kopite. I got no response to that.

Just want to stress though that humour, laughing, and pain can be very interconnected.

Sometimes it's how we humans deal with stuff we don't understand, or find painful. Not the only way, just just a way that some of us use, and it shouldn't make us bad people, although it can appear very disrespectful or against common decency, but the desire to laugh is far more primitive I feel. I may be wrong.

Humour and laughter are a remedy yes but joking about death itself isn't the same thing. Plus humour remedies are more for people who are actually bothered about what's happened, these jokes are just idiots trying to be "cool"

Perhaps your right. I don't know.

Can we forgive them anyway, even though they may be foolish?

Not my place to forgive or not, i have nothing to do with them anyway because they're not my mates :) Just hope they don't expect any sympathy if they have a loss or moan if people crack a joke, usually how people are these days, it's different when it affects their lives, that's not how i see things though.

If no-one laughs at my funeral or wake at some point - I'll be quite disappointed.

"Lighten up you miserable bastards!!" I shall say from my hot firey plinth.

And even if in time, some one can see the funny side about my stylish or not so stylish exit, then so be it.

I'd laugh at my own demise - if it was physically possible

Edit: This is not an attack on Kopite. He has his views and I have my approach. We are not wrong. We just are. Oh, I appear to have transmogrified in to Carl :)