The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Michael Jackson Rushed to Los Angeles Hospital for Cardiac Arrest

Guigsy

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the underlying point is that my gran is a close relative, anyone her that close to michael jackson?....didnt think so.

So it's not funny because you knew your nan? And if someone else was cracking jokes about your nan dying as it happened, would you laugh along still? You obviously have no compassion unless it affects you directly buy 3 kids just lost a dad, siblings just lost a brother, if you get your jollies off cracking jokes about it then go ahead, but don't be surprised if karma gets you :)

So it's not funny because you knew your nan? And if someone else was cracking jokes about your nan dying as it happened, would you laugh along still? You obviously have no compassion unless it affects you directly buy 3 kids just lost a dad, siblings just lost a brother, if you get your jollies off cracking jokes about it then go ahead, but don't be surprised if karma gets you :)

That is a more direct way of what I was trying to say, but my responses seem to come out far too politely :D

And?

Do you think he (The Pope) would laugh at a joke about someones death? :rolleyes:

Well maybe at the previous Pope pegging out. Nice position of power. Excellent pension plan, massive throne, direct access to the Kingdom of heaven 24hrs a day - the perks are endless.

So yeah, he probably had a cheeky little holy chuckle at his

demise - knowing of course...that he'd be forgiven. (A slightly borrowed and modded Bill Hicks moment there, at the end)

Picture this then....your wife / girlfriend dies in a wierd accident, someone finds the way she died comical and laughs....that ok then?

It may be both. Not ok, but still funny.

Picture this then....your wife / girlfriend dies in a wierd accident, someone finds the way she died comical and laughs....that ok then?

Regardless, thats life. We have to detach ourselves from reality, and humour is often the way that we do just that. People closely related to those that have passed just can't do that. In the past when i have lost someone close to me i haven't found anything funny, even things that i would normally find hilarious. Thats part of the circle of everyday life.

To answer your question, say something to my face knowing who i am and i will go through you. Say something to my face not knowing who i am and you will soon know it, but personally i would keep my cool to a degree (i know most wouldn't). Say something and i don't hear about it, i couldn't care less... honestly.

As i said, when i die feel free to take the piss. Just hope i can make an impression in life that puts me in that position.

It's an emotive and highly personal subject, like what turns you on.

Oh this feels so good, but it's so so wrong stylee.

It's the unconcious mind versus the rational/ moral one. Unconsious wins hands down every time.

Matt, don't know mate, I don't know him or his sense of humour.

Michael, no doubt. lol.

Regardless, thats life.

Edit: This isn't directed at you Scott, just a general post

That's the annoying bit for me though - a life is lost, i'm not saying everyone should be in tears because no one here was close to him, but i don't see the necessity in trying to be "big" like a lot of people are by joking about it. Death is a natural thing, i've had 3 people die in front of me and it didn't traumatise me or anything, I just don't see the humour in joking about other people's losses

Edit: To add - is it ok to joke about forum members who have died then? I wouldn't say i knew any of them personally so that must be ok then?

That's the annoying bit for me though - a life is lost, i'm not saying everyone should be in tears because no one here was close to him, but i don't see the necessity in trying to be "big" like a lot of people are by joking about it. Death is a natural thing, i've had 3 people die in front of me and it didn't traumatise me or anything, I just don't see the humour in joking about other people's losses

But as has already been said, none of us - or any of his fans and the billions of people that know of Jackson are either - all laughing or mourning at merely our/their perception of him.

Ergo - it's all meaningless, either way.

I don't understand how some people get spared and others don't. For example - Natasha Richardson (actress) died recently at a relatively early age - why was that not funny? Farrah Fawcett - is that not funny too?

It seems that any 'celebrity' is fair game for a whole world of banter even if they are talented.

Still it's a good point you make Kopite. I think this club ties us people together so we have a natural basic respect for one another despite our differences, and certainly when the greatest leveler of all comes.

With fame, and notoriety, and gossip (poor Jacko had it all), scapegoating becomes the norm, we see famous people as legitmate targets, for our own insecurites, amusement or whatever.

I don't understand how some people get spared and others don't. For example - Natasha Richardson (actress) died recently at a relatively early age - why was that not funny? Farrah Fawcett - is that not funny too?

It seems that any 'celebrity' is fair game for a whole world of banter even if they are talented.

Well I'm sure you'd agree the two ladies' public image was perceived as down to earth etc. Jackson's image on the other hand ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Even off stage, I guess he carried on performing. It's this performance/pantomome most folk are reacting to.

Still it's a good point you make Kopite. I think this club ties us people together so we have a natural basic respect for one another despite our differences, and certainly when the greatest leveler of all comes.

With fame, and notoriety, and gossip (poor Jacko had it all), scapegoating becomes the norm, we see famous people as legitmate targets, for our own insecurites, amusement or whatever.

:wacko:

:wacko:

lol - I can now see why Carl S holds the ignore mkivsupra.net record.

Carl S you are a nice guy,.. I just don't understand what you are talking about alot of the time. Beyond that, where the randomness comes from. No bad thing to be honest, just a bit disorientating at times. ;)

the way that I look at it is, imagine you were reading all this as one of his children

Maybe so, but MJ was aware for decades that people were writing about him every minute of the day. Ok, so he has children. He still craved/demanded attention from his people - so this is what he got. The good the bad and the ugly.

Maybe other parents would behave in a way that would not compromise their children in any way.

His own doing or the media storm surrounding him?

Both. No doubt about it.

Fame and public adoration is often sought by insecure people - it is their heroin.

I'm not famous, but I do like it when my musical efforts gets rewarded with money and clapping. Lot & lots of clapping. And usually some money.

I agree Rob, it's that peculiar "freak" mix, that holds that fascination and possible fear which people do not understand and then react badly to.

Diana had it, then Jade Goody. There was something similiar going on with them - the hype.

Edit: This isn't directed at you Scott, just a general post

Edit: To add - is it ok to joke about forum members who have died then? I wouldn't say i knew any of them personally so that must be ok then?

Do you laugh at Ed's womanizing ways (in his head that is)??

Would you laugh if someone mentioned Ed's womanizing ways if he tragically passed?

I would.

Did you laugh at the MJ jokes when he was going through his trial?

You see where this is going. If you didn't, wouldn't etc then fair enough.

If something is funny it is just funny, perception of humour only changes when you are directly affected. Sure its a shame, its a shame that a talented singer died at a fairly young age. He was a damn cooky guy though and that will always be funny, through death as it was through life.

What was funny about the charlies angel woman's life? I can think of a few funny comments but they are in bad taste so i won't post them...... my point is they are still "funny".

Finding something funny, funny, isn't wrong. Saying it in bad taste can be. That was the point of my original post.

Do you laugh at Ed's womanizing ways (in his head that is)??

Would you laugh if someone mentioned Ed's womanizing ways if he tragically passed?

I would.

Yes.

Yes - because it would be remembering him in a good light, same as remembering a mate's terrible dancing etc. It'd be different if people we're talking about his rotting body and laughing at that etc.