The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Michael Jackson Rushed to Los Angeles Hospital for Cardiac Arrest

Guigsy

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I think you are right Charlotte. People who have had their children abused want justice for their children, and want to fight for that. But then that would not always happen, some parents might wish to cover it up for their own reasons, pehaps they felt responsible, or a not good enough parent for letting it happen. Received wisdom is that the parent would always fight for justice to imprision the abuser of their child. But I wonder what the stats are, how many fight, and how many conveniently let it slip by unnoticed.

Sadly the beat it link did not work for me, was kind of looking forward to that one.

just out of curiosity what are your views on insulting jokes/remarks etc when they are alive? as surely the people who may get offended by them when the subject is dead will also be offended by them when they are alive.

Simple, one is either funny or not the other is disrespectful.

Again this is just my humble opinion.

Shame for the music world, in my opinion of course. Not much of a loss to humanity i would think. I have all of his > Bad album's in one version or another and i absolutely loved his music (i still listen to the older stuff every now and again).

I think it can be easily said that the guy was a musical genius. They do say that the difference from being a genius and being insane is very minimal.

I hope that i'm famous enough later in life to have people all over the world texting jokes about me. I have received 2 so far today and had a chuckle. I seriously doubt he would care and its the last thing any of his family will be worrying about. You have to take the good with the bad in life, if you don't the bad will always just pull you down. This country is PC enough without us being able to laugh at death straight in the face.

You have my permission to have a good laugh when i die :)

Normally I think you are right Charlotte. People who have had their children abused want justice for their children, and want to fight for that. But then that would not always happen, some parents might wish to cover it up for their own reasons, pehaps they felt responsible, or a not good enough parent for letting it happen. Received wisdom is that the parent would always fight for justice to imprision the abuser of their child. But I wonder what the stats are, how many fight, and how many conveniently let it slip by unnoticed.

Your argument is a little flawed being that they could never 'slip by unnoticed' as the whole world saw them going to court, and therefore, already exposed. They family was well and truly responsible for anything that happened to that boy as they left their son in the care of MJ whilst they spent his money for days on end.

Anyway, as I said before, I don't think it's a debate for today.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm not making light of it, but I'll use your reply as a case in point - how would you have felt if people had heard the news of your grandmother's death, and then proceeded to slag her off, and re-hash old rumours (that may or may not have been true) about her?

I think THAT is the underlying point of discussion throughout the last seventy-odd posts. Yes, everyone has their beliefs and opinions on the way Jackson conducted his life, but there are times and places to air them. Perhaps within 24 hours of his death isn't one of those times.

the underlying point is that my gran is a close relative, anyone her that close to michael jackson?....didnt think so.

if somebody came on here and posted up a thread about a close relative etc dieing then id know to keep my mouth shut.

I think most of us have had a pop at MJ in one way or another over the years with Jokes etc as we dont know him, only think we know him. Now he has died that wont change. If peoples opinion have changed because he is dead then they are hypocrits surely.

We've all had the texts through etc so are our friends bad people? Human nature is often to make light of a situation.

I think most of us have had a pop at MJ in one way or another over the years with Jokes etc as we dont know him, only think we know him. Now he has died that wont change. If peoples opinion have changed because he is dead then they are hypocrits surely.

We've all had the texts through etc so are our friends bad people? Human nature is often to make light of a situation.

absolutely spot on!

the underlying point is that my gran is a close relative, anyone her that close to michael jackson?....didnt think so.

if somebody came on here and posted up a thread about a close relative etc dieing then id know to keep my mouth shut.

Which is a good point - but of course, you risk offending someone on here who is a big Jackson fan; there is no question he reached out to millions of people with his music.

And, as this thread is proving quite well, people will remember the bad things about people long before they remember the good things.

I'm not suggesting that you cannot voice your opinion, but there is every chance that you will be remembered for "some inappropriate encouragement of those anti-Jackson jokes", which is the bad thing. Rather than "Mathew, that nice and helpful bloke off the MkIVSupra forum" - which is the good thing. That is just the nature of the beast when it comes to society. This forum is a microcosm of society - a good sampler of the "outside world".

Echoing Charlotte's words, it's really something for another time.

It never helps/helped the mans cause that his fans always come across as fruitloops on TV and his close friends are also clearly nutters.

I'll have you know Uri is able to bend spoons with his mind;)

Who should feel guilty? The person who comes up with the joke or the person that finds it funny? I guarantee everyone has laughed at a joke about someone who has died, anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Humour is the best medicine, noone should be taking any of the pot shots seriously. I liked MJ, for his music, i criticise his choices in life and i laugh at funny jokes regardless of what they are about. Humour is humour, we can't choose what is and isn't funny. It can often be in bad taste though, which is why i think the person who came up with the joke may have done so in bad taste.

Finding something funny is sin-free IMO.