The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Michael Jackson Rushed to Los Angeles Hospital for Cardiac Arrest

Guigsy

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but I doubt many people would be much different if they had a go at living his life from start to (early) finish.

Thats an interesting way of looking at it. Sure it's easy for people to be critical of his lifestyle but I'd be pretty sure nobody on this forum knew the man personally or the ins and outs of his existence the past 50 years.

There is always begrudgery, aswell as those that will believe sensationalist media hype than whats been decided by a jury.

Your absolutely right...and that makes it ok I guess :rolleyes:

im not a religious person but i cant help thinking of the line 'he without sin cast the first stone'

i find it hard to believe that the people on here against the jokes have gone through life without cracking a joke or laughing at someones joke about the deceased (or any other comedy which may be contraversial, as come on humour is at its best when its contraversial) wether it be hitler,hussain,jacko,diana etc etc

Well said MikeyB, what you say I feel is the truth, but who am I to know.

Kopite I have a close affinity with liverpool, and it's people. I love the city and it's atmosphere. We share that sentiment of being annoyed at what people say on here sometimes, yet it's only an internet forum isn't it? Respect you and admire you for speaking up, and stating how you feel.

Blackie, I'm not going to state my true feelings about you or else people will talk, so you remain ugly here (and not how I really see you) so go ahead and add me, see if I care... cos I don't you get me, I really don't. ;)

I think a hugfest would be more appropriate than an event at the 02 for us. The care bears could chase the girls and play kiss chase.

I think its sad he is gone. But i don't find the jokes sick or tasteless. Personally i find it hard to be upset about death. i don't really mourn. Death is a natural thing that happens to us all when our time is up however that may be. When my grandparents died i was upset but i didnt mope arround for a week not knowing what to do with myself like some people were. My dad was very similar even when it was his mum who passed away.

The jokes would be sick or tasteless if i knew the guy. Or had met him. As i didnt then i think its just part of human nature to have a giggle. A but like laughing at "you've been framed". Sure someone has died instead of watching someones dad fall off a trampoline and into a pond but its along the same lines. Its not a nice thing thats happened but you might aswell have a chuckle :p

To be fair, comparing Michael Jackson to Hitler or Hussain is extreme no matter what your views on the man are.

i just used those as examples as theyve all passed away so why is it acceptable to make jokes about one and not the other?

if doing wrong means they are open to jokes when they pass away then let the kiddy fiddling jokes commence........

im not a religious person but i cant help thinking of the line 'he without sin cast the first stone'

i find it hard to believe that the people on here against the jokes have gone through life without cracking a joke or laughing at someones joke about the deceased (or any other comedy which may be contraversial, as come on humour is at its best when its contraversial) wether it be hitler,hussain,jacko,diana etc etc

Mathew, I've quoted two of your posts on this now, so if it appears I'm picking on you, I'm not, honest :D

But do bear in mind that there is the possibility that some people may have had relatives die, and have heard hurtful and spiteful comments about that relative (perhaps on hearing the news, or at the funeral, at the wake, etc).

Experiencing that first hand would be enough for some people to ensure that they do not want to put a fellow human being through that same emotional turmoil. Not unlike spitting on their grave, or kicking someone when they are down.

Again, I reiterate that I am not adopting a "holier than thou" attitude - but let's remember that there are a very small number of genuinely decent people out there, who would not search for humour in the misfortunes of others, no matter how shallow or deep those misfortunes may be. We shouldn't speak for them, neither should we assume they do not exist.

Its a shame that his undoubted musical talent and showmanship will be masked by his bizarre and erratic behaviour and paedohphile allegations.

I wonder how much in-fighting there will be between the jackson family for his loyalty rights ?

??? Was he not cleared of all that?

It was tongue in cheek to be honest, I don't think anyone will ever know the truth. I think perhaps that's a conversation for another day. I can't believe the comparisons to Gary Glitter, he is a convicted child molester, in several countries. As you say, MJ he was cleared of child abuse.

The whole Jordy Chandler thing smacks of a family trying to get as much money as they can. They used him (the mother had her own credit card and had daily shops whilst her son spent time with Michael) and to say that they settled in court? Ask yourself if your child was abused by anyone wouldn't you make it your life's work to see them behind bars, to see that they paid for what they did to your child? Well they certainly didn't.

I am sad to hear he has died but the "real" MJ hasn't been around for years. A sad example of what too much fame and too much money can do to a person's mind.

Anyway:-

ZkGOiS75Lwk

i just used those as examples as theyve all passed away so why is it acceptable to make jokes about one and not the other?

if doing wrong means they are open to jokes when they pass away then let the kiddy fiddling jokes commence........

Everyone is well and truly entitled to their own opinion's etc... I just think it's in bad taste making jokes about someone who has just passed away be it MJ or your next door neighbour.

Mathew, I've quoted two of your posts on this now, so if it appears I'm picking on you, I'm not, honest :D

But do bear in mind that there is the possibility that some people may have had relatives die, and have heard hurtful and spiteful comments about that relative (perhaps on hearing the news, or at the funeral, at the wake, etc).

Experiencing that first hand would be enough for some people to ensure that they do not want to put a fellow human being through that same emotional turmoil. Not unlike spitting on their grave, or kicking someone when they are down.

Again, I reiterate that I am not adopting a "holier than thou" attitude - but let's remember that there are a very small number of genuinely decent people out there, who would not search for humour in the misfortunes of others, no matter how shallow or deep those misfortunes may be. We shouldn't speak for them, neither should we assume they do not exist.

i attended my first ever funeral 2 months ago, it was my grans. so yes ive been through the whole losing a relative thing. my grandfather at the moment is seriously ill with prostate cancer, hes been suffering with it for 10 years but he is forever cracking jokes about the whole situation, his pet hate is people being downbeat about it.

im obviously not going to go up to some random person who has just lost a child etc and crack jokes to them about it but then again im not going to worry about offending people who have no connection what so ever with the subject of the joke. obviously my taste in humour is way different to many on here.

Everyone is well and truly entitled to their own opinion's etc... I just think it's in bad taste making jokes about someone who has just passed away be it MJ or your next door neighbour.

just out of curiosity what are your views on insulting jokes/remarks etc when they are alive? as surely the people who may get offended by them when the subject is dead will also be offended by them when they are alive.

Thriller is now the number 1 album in the states.

Its got a whole new generation of youth to sell to.

I can see it becoming an unbreakable record selling album. To be fair there will be no-one else who will come close to those record sales as no-one buys albums anymore compared to the 80s.

just out of curiosity what are your views on insulting jokes/remarks etc when they are alive? as surely the people who may get offended by them when the subject is dead will also be offended by them when they are alive.

The more aliverer they are, the betterer.

i attended my first ever funeral 2 months ago, it was my grans.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm not making light of it, but I'll use your reply as a case in point - how would you have felt if people had heard the news of your grandmother's death, and then proceeded to slag her off, and re-hash old rumours (that may or may not have been true) about her?

I think THAT is the underlying point of discussion throughout the last seventy-odd posts. Yes, everyone has their beliefs and opinions on the way Jackson conducted his life, but there are times and places to air them. Perhaps within 24 hours of his death isn't one of those times.