The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Michael Jackson Rushed to Los Angeles Hospital for Cardiac Arrest

Guigsy

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly - I wonder if, had his father ever been accused of child molestation and was tried and found innocent, that very same person would react in the same to a mini hate campaign on hearing of his father's sad passing.

I bet there'd be no "dead jokes" about him then.

That's what i hate, seems like if something doesn't affect anyone directly then people don't have any respect for other humans. Like Jermaine Jackson doing a statement yesterday, can you imagine how they'd feel hearing the callous jokes going around? Oh wait, seems like most people on here aren't bothered because they don't know him

Usually i don't get involved, his reply narked me off so said what i thought :)

Furry Muff :) (back to the 80s sayings again)

I have to ask, LBM, seeing as I think this would be your sort of response to a similar statement.

Is a cnut like a wingnut? Or more like a dome nut?

Neither. It's more like a doughnut.

Fully understand what you are saying ace. Did we really know the man though?

No we didn't - and that is exactly why we should all be respectful to him.

Nobody knows exactly what he got up to, and as we never will know, not one of us are in a position to say "good riddance because he touched kids", or other such abuse.

Leave the guy in peace, I think he at least deserves that in death as he was never able to achieve it in life.

Kopite is a very likeable guy on the forum, and I still feel a cyber warmth that extends from me to him.

Anyway, we all get triggered from time to time, so there is definately no bad blood from me to him, let me extend my hand towards him in sympathy and cyberfriendship, and with the sincere expression that I meant him no offence, and I am truely sorry that it seems I have upset him.

Also I have never meet anyone nasty from the liverpool area, you are from liverpool arent you Kopite?

I have to ask, LBM, seeing as I think this would be your sort of response to a similar statement.

Is a cnut like a wingnut? Or more like a dome nut?

:rlol: Aparently Carls one, From his avvy picture i'd say he looks more like a dome nut :)

Ace, you are man of true honour. I wish we could all live up to your high standards.

Reality remains though, and scapegoats for our own fears will always be found.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not taking a "holier than thou" attitude with anyone.

I have just always found it difficult to see people enjoying, taking advantage and making fun of the death of another human. It could be Michael Jackson, it could be Hilda from number 28 - we, as a society, should not be revelling in the death of others.

Reality is, of course, completely different.

Are you privy to this list and if so, do you have one for sale?

Word of mouth :)

Kopite is a very likeable guy on the forum, and I still feel a cyber warmth that extends from me to him.

Anyway, we all get triggered from time to time, so there is definately no bad blood from me to him, let me extend my hand towards him in sympathy and cyberfriendship, and with the sincere expression that I meant him no offence, and I am truely sorry that it seems I have upset him.

Also I have never meet anyone nasty from the liverpool area, you are from liverpool arent you Kopite?

I am from Liverpool yeah, i'm not upset, i don't get upset easily, just annoyed at the mentality of a lot of people at the minute. Anyway i've got other things to do

Blackie, rearing your ugly head once again, I though those dome jokes were long dead now.

Please.

I cannot con-dome them anymore.

:D So now i'm ugly :( I'm going to have to put you on ignore ;) Once again a thread that has turned in to an interclub battleroyal, Brilliant

What the hell, I'd also be interested in having a look at that list. Rob if you get hold, it can be nice to see, not that it really matters in the big picture of course.

Will do. I shall be sending my request for the list to the most appropriate and highest authority in the land. Although it may be ignored.

Wow, some strong opinions are coming accross. Now I have total respect for him as an artist and performer (certainly in his peak at least). I could accept his odities and can understand them to a degree due to his far from normal upbringing. I can also understand, for the same reason, his affiliation with children.

However, with the question mark that hangs over his head with regards the accusations against him I find it difficult to "celerbrate" him. The maority of people think he "got away" with the accusations, more so the 1st time around and because of that people do think he was guilty. Therefore feel they would be praising a peodophile.

if Gary Glitter had gotten away with it as some believe MJ did would everyone be as quick to say good things about him (ok, he wasn't in the same league as an artist but you get my point)?

My 2 pence worth.

Regardless of people opinions of MJ, those Jokes that are making the rounds already are Tasteless and sick.

When that Air France Plane crashed within hours sick jokes started appearing, it's Vile.

MJ, like other people who Die are someones Brother, Father, Son etc you get the Picture and none of us would stand there and make Jokes about our own Relative never mind how strange they were.

I get my Coat.............

if Gary Glitter had gotten away with it as some believe MJ did would everyone be as quick to say good things about him (ok, he wasn't in the same league as an artist but you get my point)?

Indeed. Strange how society operates.

At base level, Glitter and Jackson are the same - pop idols of their day, and both associated with child molestation.

However, I've never heard anyone say one positive thing about Glitter. Everyone wishes him ill will. Mind you, he made NO secret of trotting out to Cambodia for a couple of teenagers. Neither was he in the same stratosphere as Jackson, as a pop idol.

Ultimately people will believe and say whatever they want to; it's just a shame that Jackson isn't even cold yet, yet he is enduring the verbal equivalent of a Middle Age public stoning.