The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Michael Jackson Rushed to Los Angeles Hospital for Cardiac Arrest

Guigsy

I'm quite surprised at the level of vitriol aimed against him, if I'm honest.

I mean, there were various oddities about him, and accusations directed toward him during his life. We all know the issues and situations he found himself in, and I don't intend to discuss them here and now, or get into what I believe about how he may or may not have conducted his life. But the guy has just died - yet people are still wasting no time in verbally giving him a kicking.

I respect everyone's opinions, and respect the right that people have to air them, no matter what they are (neither am I looking to alter anyone's train of thought) - but I'm just taken aback by the ferocity of some of the comments already made.

Or maybe it's just me.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite surprised at the level of vitriol aimed against him, if I'm honest.

I mean, there were various oddities about him, and accusations directed toward him during his life. We all know the issues and situations he found himself in, and I don't intend to discuss them here and now, or get into what I believe about how he may or may not have conducted his life. But the guy has just died - yet people are still wasting no time in verbally giving him a kicking.

I respect everyone's opinions, and respect the right that people have to air them, no matter what they are (neither am I looking to alter anyone's train of thought) - but I'm just taken aback by the ferocity of some of the comments already made.

Or maybe it's just me.

For me it just sums the shit we have on here as members and I find it very depressing. The jokes were doing the rounds before it'd even be confirmed :rolleyes:

I think its a real shame and i know there are mixed views on the guy but at the end of the day he must have done something right as he still has the biggest selling album of all time!

The guy is a legend in my opinion that is!:)

I think its a real shame and i know there are mixed views on the guy but at the end of the day he must have done something right as he still has the biggest selling album of all time!

Fair enough, but I guess I don't equate his personal greatness and impact on humanity in terms of his record sales, which were astronomical at one time.

I wouldn't be suprised if his albums now rose back up the charts either!

For me it just sums the shit we have on here as members and I find it very depressing. The jokes were doing the rounds before it'd even be confirmed :rolleyes:

After looking through my Facebook profile this morning, I'd say the opinion on him was split about 50/50 - to all those people on here who "took pleasure" in his death, I was tempted to suggest that they wouldn't adopt the same attitude if Michael Jackson was a member of THEIR family - I'm sure they'd expect sympathy, and would be deeply hurt at the same outpouring of negative feeling toward their recently deceased relative.

It would be fascinating to hear their response.

I was tempted to suggest that they wouldn't adopt the same attitude if Michael Jackson was a member of THEIR family - I'm sure they'd expect sympathy, and would be deeply hurt at the same outpouring of negative feeling toward their recently deceased relative.

It would be fascinating to hear their response.

Agree completely - example, i despised everything about Jade Goody but didn't want to joke about her death, was just as sickened about the jokes about it then too. A lad on my facebook cracked at least 3 "jokes" last night, funny how his facebook status last weekend on father's day was pretty much "dad i miss you loads and feel you here with me everyday, RIP etc i love you etc".

Agree completely - example, i despised everything about Jade Goody but didn't want to joke about her death, was just as sickened about the jokes about it then too. A lad on my facebook cracked at least 3 "jokes" last night, funny how his facebook status last weekend on father's day was pretty much "dad i miss you loads and feel you here with me everyday, RIP etc i love you etc".

Make a joke about his dead dad, see how he feels;)

Ace bud, is it really taking pleasure? Or are we just taking some pleasure to ease the pain of loss. Deeper man.

It isn't taking pleasure per se, hence the use of the inverted commas.

But they seem to be glad he is gone because in their eyes he is, and I quote, "a dirty kiddie fiddler", "freak of nature" et al. Amongst others were "yay, Jacko is dead", "good riddance" - I don't need to continue.

I'm pretty sure that I'd be crushed if a relative of mine died of cardiac arrest at just 50, even if he was tried (and found innocent) of child molestation charges, AND had an apparent addiction to cosmetic surgery. I'm also quite sure that if some of these anti-Jackson people were in that position, they would be sorely wounded by such a vehement outburst of anger against their recently passed away relative.

All I'm saying is that I am merely surprised, and to echo Kopite's sentiment, disappointed too, that people are quick to verbally walk over his grave (no pun or joke intended). He hasn't even been dead 24 hours, yet people are treating him as some sort of heretic who deserved it.

A lad on my facebook cracked at least 3 "jokes" last night, funny how his facebook status last weekend on father's day was pretty much "dad i miss you loads and feel you here with me everyday, RIP etc i love you etc".

Exactly - I wonder if, had his father ever been accused of child molestation and was tried and found innocent, that very same person would react in the same to a mini hate campaign on hearing of his father's sad passing.

I bet there'd be no "dead jokes" about him then.

What's to explain mate, Carl's been a tool ever since he's been on here.

He's a very likeable tool though if you meet him and frankly I guess I was wondering how you'd made that mental leap to him being a cnut in this particular thread - I didn't think he was being one. That's all.

Farrah fawcett died today as well, only 62. Colon cancer. She was stunning in her day, sad news indeed.

I liked Jacko although he was certainly a troubled man. I doubt any of us will ever know what he really did and how much of it is sensationalism and misreporting. I think he was a musical genius incapable of living a normal life, possibly due to his reported odd upbringing and his apparant belief that normal society rules just did not apply to him. A sad day nonetheless.

He's a very likeable tool though if you meet him and frankly I guess I was wondering how you'd made that mental leap to him being a cnut in this particular thread - I didn't think he was being one. That's all.

Usually i don't get involved, his reply narked me off so said what i thought :)

I have to ask, LBM, seeing as I think this would be your sort of response to a similar statement.

Is a cnut like a wingnut? Or more like a dome nut?