The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Honda Integra

Hobgoblin

i agree with this but i seen 3 in my area and all went bang, one was imported and went bang about a month after he got it, alot of people have always said the engines are unreliable but that my experiance from the few i seen nr me, shame you cant afford a dc5 teg i would love one them

You're saying the DC2 integra is unreliable? :rolleyes:

The B18c engine is as reliable as they come if serviced properly. If any have gone 'bang' then without a doubt they've been (a) abused, (b) not serviced properly or © both.

Unreliable indeed... :swear::taped:

Agreed. Had mine pretty much from new, UK DC2, done 98000 miles, never had a cam belt, never had an oil change, never had an oil filter, gets revved to 9k every day, and.....it was tuned by Dan turner.

Its never broken down, at all!

You're saying the DC2 integra is unreliable? :rolleyes:

The B18c engine is as reliable as they come if serviced properly. If any have gone 'bang' then without a doubt they've been (a) abused, (b) not serviced properly or © both.

no the 2.2 prelude i never heard of problems with the tegs i like them but would only have a dc5 as it my fav

read the quote from imi he talking about the 2.2 prelude

no the 2.2 prelude i never heard of problems with the tegs i like them but would only have a dc5 as it my fav

I still think Ian's comments apply...the Prelude 2.2 VTEC is as reliable as all the other VTEC units if serviced. Had my UK BB1 as a daily driver for 3 years now (longest I have ever owned a car) and the worst fault has been windscreen washer motor failure or a warped front brake disk!

Best all rounder, including lack of hassle and running costs not just out and out performance, I've ever owned (Corrado VR6 included!) and, IF I could find another reasonable mileage and UNMOLESTED 4th gen, I'd buy another as a cheap and cheerful daily driver in a heartbeat.

If not, I'll probably end up with a DC2 ITR which is no bad thing!

Agreed. Had mine pretty much from new, UK DC2, done 98000 miles, never had a cam belt, never had an oil change, never had an oil filter, gets revved to 9k every day, and.....it was tuned by Dan turner.

Its never broken down, at all!

Dan Turner Lol :)

indeed he does :)

For a kick off they're very different to drive than the supra. I actually prefer mine to the Supe but it's chalk and cheese really. The teg needs to be driven hard and it can take a bit of getting used to but it's a fantastic car (200bhp from a 1.8 n/a and a chassis to match it).

Day to day there are good and bad points. The ride is harsh, cabin very noisy due to lack of soundproofing but it's got more legroom (I.e. Some!) than the supra and mine returns easily over 30mpg, usually about 34mpg with mixed driving and some vtec action.

Only thing I can say is get a test drive, I love it but some will hate it. Servicing is cheap compared to the Supra but they're holding their values well so be very careful if you've only got 3k to spend (I'd suggest 4k minimum for a decent example...there's bargains to be had as always though).

Lastly, get yourself over to http://www.itr-dc2.com :)

Ian

;)

I still think Ian's comments apply...the Prelude 2.2 VTEC is as reliable as all the other VTEC units if serviced. Had my UK BB1 as a daily driver for 3 years now (longest I have ever owned a car) and the worst fault has been windscreen washer motor failure or a warped front brake disk!

Best all rounder, including lack of hassle and running costs not just out and out performance, I've ever owned (Corrado VR6 included!) and, IF I could find another reasonable mileage and UNMOLESTED 4th gen, I'd buy another as a cheap and cheerful daily driver in a heartbeat.

If not, I'll probably end up with a DC2 ITR which is no bad thing!

no he talking about the b18 which is the dc2 teg engine

I meant Ian's comments regarding the reliability if the B18 (albeit incorrectly in response to your comments about Preludes going bang) SHOULD apply to the Prelude VTECs also...

Afaik ALL the VTECs (I've owned 3 different variants with no issues whatsoever) should be as reliable as pretty much anything else on the road if they haven't been (a) abused, (b) not serviced properly or © both!

I had the H22a (Prelude 2.2VTi Engine) in my EG Civic! All the Honda engines from their D Series upto F20C's are extremely well built! Never really heard of problems with the Honda engine unless you have the drivers who drive with no oil or water & thrash the hell out of them!

I hardly looked after mine apart from checking oil level's which never needed topping up! But thrashed it a lot, esp on track days! Its great catching up with BMW M3's :D

Prelude is a great all rounder if you dont need back seats! Though the Intregra (sorry Ian as I thought yours looked amazing!) could be a bit hard for everyday driving...though if you have the choice, get a teg!!!

Though the Intregra (sorry Ian as I thought yours looked amazing!) could be a bit hard for everyday driving...though if you have the choice, get a teg!!!

You're quite right to be honest mate, it is a bit harsh for a daily driver and it's worse than Geo's integra with Superstreets (my teg has OEM dampers with Eibach springs).

H22A is an immensely reliable engine so there is nothing to worry about there. Obviously normal caveats apply - regular maintenance required.

To anyone that says otherwise doesnt know much about Hondas, sorry.

imi

I meant Ian's comments regarding the reliability if the B18 (albeit incorrectly in response to your comments about Preludes going bang) SHOULD apply to the Prelude VTECs also...

Afaik ALL the VTECs (I've owned 3 different variants with no issues whatsoever) should be as reliable as pretty much anything else on the road if they haven't been (a) abused, (b) not serviced properly or © both!

lol i get you now, well i no loads of peeps with civics and someone with a dc5 teg they hade no probs but the 3 preludes all been problem and the chap who had his imprted he had serviced it not long before and never raped the engine he the sort to wash and polish his cars on a sunday morning even if they not moved in the week lol i dont understand y they became problem cars