The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Honda Integra

Hobgoblin

Hi all.

Am in the process of moving house, so have sold the RX8 to raise some much needed readies. I reckon I have about 3k left over to buy another toy.

I have done the n/a Supra thing so that is out. The wife fancies an Integra? Has anyone here owned one, and can share their wisdom with me. Or any other similar ideas?

:)

speak to ianw he loves his

indeed he does :)

For a kick off they're very different to drive than the supra. I actually prefer mine to the Supe but it's chalk and cheese really. The teg needs to be driven hard and it can take a bit of getting used to but it's a fantastic car (200bhp from a 1.8 n/a and a chassis to match it).

Day to day there are good and bad points. The ride is harsh, cabin very noisy due to lack of soundproofing but it's got more legroom (I.e. Some!) than the supra and mine returns easily over 30mpg, usually about 34mpg with mixed driving and some vtec action.

Only thing I can say is get a test drive, I love it but some will hate it. Servicing is cheap compared to the Supra but they're holding their values well so be very careful if you've only got 3k to spend (I'd suggest 4k minimum for a decent example...there's bargains to be had as always though).

Lastly, get yourself over to http://www.itr-dc2.com :)

Ian

Go for the Type-R, A touch over £3k will see a rough ukdm or jdm 96 spec.

Ideally £4,000 will see you in a decent 96 spec or a nice ukdm spec.

If your not in a rush, you might be able to get a 98 spec import which is the best one to have..

Group 17 insurance, although everything else is cheap as chips. The UK model has 185 bhp, and the import 197 bhp due to the import having a larger manifold and exhaust.

White is the common color in these,

Import front end.

UK front end.

http://photos.evo.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_426/car_photo_213207_7.jpg

if you want some fun but don't want to fork out for the integra i used to have a BB4 prelude (the bb4 was the import) these were lighter than the uk and came with an lsd and only 2ws also came with the 200bhp engine. you can find these really cheap and i still think they look awsome. its all down to taste though. the tegs are an awsome car but still hold a lot of value so its hard to find a good model for cheap with low miles.

also i agree with the 1jz supra mkiii ;) they are awsome cars and the engine is a lot more realiable than the 7m-gte that came in the uk.

i'v owned both cars and they both rock.

sorry for the essay but my mate has a legnum vr4 and that thing is insane. with only a boost upgrade and coilovers it pulled a 13.6 quarter mile time.

pics of both :)

the supra mkiii

the prelude bb4

I had the only Honda Integra in the Faroe Islands, it was a DC2. I loved it, it was just as fast as my NA Supra.

It truly is a fantastic car and i loved every second of it. The car is now gone since i crash it very bad, i am lucky to be alive they say.

Anyways i have gotten myself a NA Supra now, it is also the only one in the Faroe Islands, hehe.

I have an Integra. DC2 Uk spec in white. Had it for about a month but may have to sell soon. Had it for about a month, but have got engaged a couple of weeks back. So now looking at saving up for a wedding. Its white, gunmetal grey civic type r wheels, 75000, 1998 mot till sept, tax till aug, just had geo done but wheels in motion, major service at honda, new bushes at the back. All the usual typer goodies.

Very nice car. If you decide to buy one then i have one. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Still have not bought a car, and now considering the Lexus IS200.

Got my eye on one, 04 reg, FLSH, 120,000 miles, mint, loaded. £4100 with tax and 3 months warranty.

But have never driven one, and its a bit of a hike to travel and then decide I dont like it.

Anyone had experience of these?

Still have not bought a car, and now considering the Lexus IS200.

Got my eye on one, 04 reg, FLSH, 120,000 miles, mint, loaded. £4100 with tax and 3 months warranty.

But have never driven one, and its a bit of a hike to travel and then decide I dont like it.

Anyone had experience of these?

Driven them...they are very good cars, surprising amount of leg space in the back! Very comfortable to drive, its got performance

but dont expect any of the thrills of the RX8 or Supe!

For £4k you could much better like this:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1102137.htm

indeed he does :)

For a kick off they're very different to drive than the supra. I actually prefer mine to the Supe but it's chalk and cheese really. The teg needs to be driven hard and it can take a bit of getting used to but it's a fantastic car (200bhp from a 1.8 n/a and a chassis to match it).

Day to day there are good and bad points. The ride is harsh, cabin very noisy due to lack of soundproofing but it's got more legroom (I.e. Some!) than the supra and mine returns easily over 30mpg, usually about 34mpg with mixed driving and some vtec action.

Only thing I can say is get a test drive, I love it but some will hate it. Servicing is cheap compared to the Supra but they're holding their values well so be very careful if you've only got 3k to spend (I'd suggest 4k minimum for a decent example...there's bargains to be had as always though).

Lastly, get yourself over to http://www.itr-dc2.com :)

Ian

Agree with pretty much everything Ian had to say. Brother had one, didnt ever get 30+ mpg in London though, more like 20-25 mog which was shocking for a 1.8.

I personally had a 2.2Vti Prelude (UKDM) and that was an amazing car, quick, stable and so comfortable - none of the harshness of the ITR.

imi

I personally had a 2.2Vti Prelude (UKDM) and that was an amazing car, quick, stable and so comfortable - none of the harshness of the ITR.

imi

i agree with this but i seen 3 in my area and all went bang, one was imported and went bang about a month after he got it, alot of people have always said the engines are unreliable but that my experiance from the few i seen nr me, shame you cant afford a dc5 teg i would love one them