The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pulled over by the cops today!

Markie

Damn first time I have been pulled in the Supra after having it a good few months.

They pulled me over, so I pulled up and stopped. Took my seatbelt off and the guy came up along side the car. He said to me that when I passed him, I was not wearing a seatbelt, even though I had just taken it off when I stopped!!!!

I said, I just took it off because you pulled me. He replied, "It's ok, I am not stopping you for that, I am stopping you for the liecence plate being too small".

I got a producer for documents, and a written warning about the number plate being too small. Have these guys got nothing better to do than pull legit drivers/owners over instead of pulling over some real doggy gezzers running without MOT/insurance etc etc...

Anyways, not going to change the plate :)

I found it odd though that he said all that crap about me not having a seat belt on. Wonder if they were trying to get me on other things?

Anyone else experienced this. Thinking of reporting it, as it is a false accusation saying I did not have a seat belt on when I did and only removed it when I stopped for them. :complain:

Slightly off topic but earlier I noticed a car with the boot half open with all kinds of stuff hanging dodgly out the back- sticks, boxes etc etc drove past a police car and they didn't do a thing! Guarantee if they'd had a slightly small plate or been doing 1mph over the limit they'd have been on him like a shot. :mad:

Yes mate totally,I on regular occasions get nicked for the plate and give them a bullshit answer of the intercooler needs to be lowered as its a jap spec and that a full size plate would fry the intake temp and melt the engine!,Its worked for me a few times!

i on other hand like the fact they pull us over for this. If someone nicked your car and it was driving past police cars, ud be gratefull that they checked ur small plate!!

thats what the rear one is for.

there are no front plates in the US.

i on other hand like the fact they pull us over for this. If someone nicked your car and it was driving past police cars, ud be gratefull that they checked ur small plate!! he could of given u 3 points...be grateful mate!!

I dont think a plate offence is endorsable dude as no plate is a £30 fine !!!!

Dude :devil:

u may be right mate, but i swear i read £30 and 3 points for illegal plate and £30 fine for no plate...hey it would make sense in this country :D it really annoys me u can get 3 points for a brake light out!! anyone given 7 day wonder will sort out a bulb

imi - good point about the rear plate :stupid:

if u going to have illegal plates u may aswell not bother putting them on and say it flew off then u wont get any points :p this would be good scam for front bumpers

I found it odd though that he said all that crap about me not having a seat belt on. Wonder if they were trying to get me on other things?
What's odd about that? When he got to the car you didn't have a belt on so he asked you about it, seems reasonable. I don't know what you mean about trying to get you on other things, did he check all over the car for ages?

Thinking of reporting it, as it is a false accusation saying I did not have a seat belt on when I did and only removed it when I stopped for them.
LOL! Don't waste your time, you have zero chance of getting anywhere with that.

Personally, if I get pulled by the police I always get out of the car ASAP and talk to them face to face. Seems like they're less likely to treat you like a kid then.

I agree with Jake and would definitely NOT reccomend that you report it. What do you think is going to happen? Do you think he will get reprimanded? Not a fecking hope in hell. All the complaint will do is target you for future unwelcome attention. :(

Get out and face them works well for me. The last time I got stopped it was by some little **** wit half my age. He had no reason and he knew it and it was not long before he knew I knew as well. So I told him to charge me or or stop harrassing me. as I wrote down his badge number. Then got some crap about cgecking it was noty stolen. Oh good one as I was 250 yards from home going home. got in his car and left. No point in reporting it as I will become more of a target than already am.

My numbers plates got stolen once in my old car front and back I drove through the town full of police at 2am on a Saturday night without any of them pulling me over, there was even a police car behind us at one point!

I did call them to tell them in fairness but I'm not sure if they would have been informed, cant see that being top priority with all the drunks on the streets.

What's odd about that? When he got to the car you didn't have a belt on so he asked you about it, seems reasonable. I don't know what you mean about trying to get you on other things, did he check all over the car for ages?

LOL! Don't waste your time, you have zero chance of getting anywhere with that.

Personally, if I get pulled by the police I always get out of the car ASAP and talk to them face to face. Seems like they're less likely to treat you like a kid then.

Jake, about the seat belt thing.. First thing he said to me was that when I passed him at the lights I DID NOT have a seat belt on, which was BS, as I took it off a minute later, when they pulled me over. The f*c*er was lying his a$$ off. I had misses in the car for a witness too. She was not happy with there lies either!

DUDE - Is that your car mate? If so, where did you get that bonnet mate?

Yep I always do the same...stare them straight in the eyes..thus reversing the intimidation tactic...but be polite with an 'innocent' smile, if they mention the car...bore the tits off em with it...userally works!

:tongue:

old hand at it now...I chew them up and spit em out he he

Markie, I know what you mean mate and I understand why you feel upset about it but the fact remains that you will be wasting your time and pissing off (...and making yourself a target to) a lot of cops by making a formal complaint. Just let it go mate.

:thumbs:

...Or "do a Green Peace" and bore them to death! :read:

Guys, if you have done way over the speed limit and been caught, do the NIP's come through any quicker, as in do they deliver them by hand....?

Reason I ask is, Marts and I were in Devon over the weekend and I had a race with a Supra, the speed was well into 3 figures. We later found out that the stretch of road we were on, possibly has covert police surveillance.

We were told people had been busted at the end of the stretch of road and as I hadnt been, I may be very lucky.

Yep I always do the same...stare them straight in the eyes..thus reversing the intimidation tactic...but be polite with an 'innocent' smile, if they mention the car...bore the tits off em with it...userally works!

:tongue:

old hand at it now...I chew them up and spit em out he he

tell me about it, last time you were pulled in basingstoke, me and poxy had to wait for 30 minutes whilst you bored the t1ts off the cops and oxy bored the t1ts off me with his whinging about going back to help you out... yeah that would of worked with 2 souped up motors turning up saying we werent racing :D

tell me about it, last time you were pulled in basingstoke, me and poxy had to wait for 30 minutes whilst you bored the t1ts off the cops and oxy bored the t1ts off me with his whinging about going back to help you out... yeah that would of worked with 2 souped up motors turning up saying we werent racing :D

Hey shaff, what about the night of 160 down the M3 with Clarkey Sparkey :)