The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota supra uk

glenn

spoke to soon,as i said took deposit friday. was literaly@ local dvla office this afternoon to put plate on retention,hopefuly to conclude deal this weekend. and you've guessed it ,phone goes & it's the buyer coming up with lame excuse to pull out[suddenly can't raise the funds] ah well ,get to retain the none refundable deposit.[still p*ssed off] don't need the hassel. SO SUPRA IS STILL FOR SALE!!! so come on and get your self a cracking car. but please serieouse enquires only

• 3 weeks later...

well,can't belive it.a couple of day's after sale fell through,a guy from norway interested.a lot of corresponding and pic's,seemed pretty keen,but seemed to have fizzeld out.now i've another french guy asking all sorts of questions[no problem] sent pic's etc.but now starting to realize he aint got a clue to what he really wants, whats the matter with people, when i see something a bit special,i put my money where my mouth is,and do the deal.as they say those that hesitate and all that. i don't know if i can be botherd any more with time waster's.the best part is who ever buy's this car won't have to spend a penny on her for quite a while as she's perfect. rant over

Don't normally like red supras, but this is a lovely example of a nice clean stock Supra, will go in no time !

cheers,just wish there were a few more people who knew what they wanted. i know it ain't the cheapest, but cheap is'nt always best.especialy with a supra.;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yes michael, as you can see ,now sold. have'nt got a clue what to get next. no joy with yours. it'll go, good cars don't hanger round [i think genuine buyers are starting to realize] you don't get something for nothing. it's just nice for someone to come & know what they want, realize it's worth & job done.[ condition of supra, sells it's self]

yes michael, as you can see ,now sold. have'nt got a clue what to get next. no joy with yours. it'll go, good cars don't hanger round

I still haven't extended my advertising beyond here and have yet to sort the V317 to get the plate put on retention, I think once that's done I'll make more of an effort to put it up elsewhere.

I've had a bit of interest from overseas and supplied copies of documents etc for them so that they can check the import side of it but then it's gone quiet. Maybe they are just cloning my car :)

I'm sure it will go at some point, I'm in no rush, I'd just rather someone was getting some use out of it now.

Then there is the question of what to get next - my plan is to try and consolidate a selection of cars into one that covers all the bases, it's tricky.

Then there is the question of what to get next - my plan is to try and consolidate a selection of cars into one that covers all the bases, it's tricky.

That's a trick that is almost impossible to pull off. There aren't many cars that can actually live up to a nice supra, never mind a car that can do what a supra does and a load of other stuff. To replace it and be happy you almost have to go more extreme power wise which is fairly difficult, more extreme handling but you'll end up in two seat territory, more internal capacity and you end up with a barge. You can't really win. Go for another GT motor and for the most part you are just buying the badge and further emptying your pocket.

That's a trick that is almost impossible to pull off.

Tell me about it, I've been looking for ages :)

Obviously there will need to be a compromise somewhere, it's likely to be on power / brute performance because you can't really replicate the Supra with anything modern without spending a lot of money.

Oh and the replacement also needs to be bland enough to blend in to the crowd to ease paranoia with parking it but special enough to make me enthusiastic about it and for it to generate a smile no matter how you drive it.

Moon on a stick? Probably :)

If you are looking for more internal space, and you are willing to sacrifice a bit (and only a bit) of handling, then its definitely worth taking a test drive in an aristo. For the money you'll get for your supra you'll get either a much newer aristo in bpu/stock form or one the same age with a single conversion. Some minter 1998-2000 plates been going recently for the £5k marker. You could even take your bling and wheels with you to an aristo and hang around this forum still with half an excuse lol.

I don't really need any additional space, I could cope with less than the Supra provides - unfortunately I want something a bit more modern than the Aristo and slightly less "comfy" but with all the luxuries... the IS-F for £30,000 less would do it.

I want to get away from the temptations of the 2JZ too :)

I still haven't extended my advertising beyond here and have yet to sort the V317 to get the plate put on retention, I think once that's done I'll make more of an effort to put it up elsewhere.

I've had a bit of interest from overseas and supplied copies of documents etc for them so that they can check the import side of it but then it's gone quiet. Maybe they are just cloning my car :)

I'm sure it will go at some point, I'm in no rush, I'd just rather someone was getting some use out of it now.

you say extending your advertising, in fairness.i only put mine on here,i did orginaly put on pistonheads & just left it run.but bar the idiot who gave me a deposit &then backed out all other intrest from europe & uk. came from this club. as you say finding some thing to cover all bases.is very tricky, anyway good luck;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.