The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What kind of passenger are you?

Charlotte

I'm just watching the BBC1 coverage of the qualifying for the grand prix. There was a segment with Jenson Button and one of the presenters doing a 'who can race fastest' lap around the track. Jenson was a really bad passenger and very nervous, despite being super quick on his lap with the presenter being fine.

I'm ok in anyone's car, however fast they go, don't really have any issues with it. But some people I know drive really fast but can't bare to be in the passenger seat.

What are you like?

I Don't think I'm a bad passenger, but I drive with a lot of driver awareness of what is going on around me and read the road a long way a head,so when I'm in a car with someone that doesn't, it puts me on edge:blink:

I love being in cars with people who can handle them (a run out in Jamie P's is a perfect example). I'm more nevrous when I'm in with my lass TBH :D

I'm the same Jay (except the comment about yout misses :D )

Love going out in cars driven my competent drivers, especially on the track, but get get quite anxious going out with less skilled drivers.. i.e. anyone in my family, most of my firends and some of the folks on here :D

I'm not too bad, depends who is driving. One of my friends turned the engine off at traffic lights once, she meant to change gear..... :blink:

When I drive the Supra, I much much prefer being on my own, as when my boyfriend is in the car I feel like I have to creep around like an old woman or he'll get annoyed, but he had a TT Supra and he used to drive fast in his, but I can't do it in mine!!

I'm an awful passenger especially with my mrs and my best mate. I always co-drive everywhere which annoys the hell out of every driver lol. My biggest problem is my lack of patience. Where I would have predicted a roundabout or junction before I got to it my mrs and mates don't. They get to said junction or roundabout, stop then look which I seem incapable of not pointing out should the roundabout or junction be clear. I'm even worse if the roundabout/junction then becomes busy and we have to wait. "you could have gone then, yeah you could have gone then, no you definitely could have gone then" and if it takes longer still to wait "we wouldn't be waiting here if you'd have looked at the traffic before you got to the roundabout/junction". I know its annoying as f*ck but I just can't help it. Another thing that annoys me that I feel I have to point out is a general lack of ability to choose a velocity and stick to it which I also constantly comment on especially when the driver asks why that other driver they just overtook is jammed up their ass on the motorway "thats because you just overtook them and slowed right down dear" often I will quote exactly how many mph they slowed down by, because I will have been watching the speedo :(

For me the answer lies in what company do I usually make, combined with how easily do I reliquish control of my own destiny in life.

Both interplay, I feel.

It cannot be as easy as do you lead or do you follow... circumstance, context or whatever you call it is key, along with where your psyche is at that moment.

For me the answer lies in what company do I usually make, combined with how easily do I reliquish control of my own destiny in life.

Both interplay, I feel.

It cannot be as easy as do you lead or do you follow... circumstance, context or whatever you call it is key, along with where your psyche is at that moment.

WTF:blink: So you sh*t yourself in the passenger seat then???

I'm an awful passenger especially with my mrs and my best mate. I always co-drive everywhere which annoys the hell out of every driver lol. My biggest problem is my lack of patience. Where I would have predicted a roundabout or junction before I got to it my mrs and mates don't. They get to said junction or roundabout, stop then look which I seem incapable of not pointing out should the roundabout or junction be clear. I'm even worse if the roundabout/junction then becomes busy and we have to wait. "you could have gone then, yeah you could have gone then, no you definitely could have gone then" and if it takes longer still to wait "we wouldn't be waiting here if you'd have looked at the traffic before you got to the roundabout/junction". I know its annoying as f*ck but I just can't help it. Another thing that annoys me that I feel I have to point out is a general lack of ability to choose a velocity and stick to it which I also constantly comment on especially when the driver asks why that other driver they just overtook is jammed up their ass on the motorway "thats because you just overtook them and slowed right down dear" often I will quote exactly how many mph they slowed down by, because I will have been watching the speedo :(

Im exactly the same, too inpatient and i would rather be driving myself.

Both interplay, I feel.

WTF:blink:

I love driving fast and sometimes doing stupid thing like drifting around the roundabout or taking up a challenge to a race, but if anyone else is driving at speed i hate it. My mrs terrifies me, if any of you have met her (red supra girl) you will understand where i am coming from, she just doesnt seem to care what she does and if im in the passenger seat that scares me to death, she only got a n/a but i am always telling her to slow down or stop drifting if i am in the car. And yet she has never crashed yet and amazes me with her drifting skill at times.

Originally Posted by dangerous brain

I'm an awful passenger especially with my mrs and my best mate. I always co-drive everywhere which annoys the hell out of every driver lol. My biggest problem is my lack of patience. Where I would have predicted a roundabout or junction before I got to it my mrs and mates don't. They get to said junction or roundabout, stop then look which I seem incapable of not pointing out should the roundabout or junction be clear. I'm even worse if the roundabout/junction then becomes busy and we have to wait. "you could have gone then, yeah you could have gone then, no you definitely could have gone then" and if it takes longer still to wait "we wouldn't be waiting here if you'd have looked at the traffic before you got to the roundabout/junction". I know its annoying as f*ck but I just can't help it. Another thing that annoys me that I feel I have to point out is a general lack of ability to choose a velocity and stick to it which I also constantly comment on especially when the driver asks why that other driver they just overtook is jammed up their ass on the motorway "thats because you just overtook them and slowed right down dear" often I will quote exactly how many mph they slowed down by, because I will have been watching the speedo

WTF:blink:

I do that, if im not being a tit in my supra i am a driving instructor and being a passenger brings that out in me.